TopazPhoto AI Lightening Images

When I run photos from Lightroom through Photo AI, it ends up automatically lightening them to levels that are unacceptable.

I didn’t seem to have this problem before and now all of a sudden in the last month it’s happening to every photo.

Help?

Topaz Photo AI [v1.2.10] on [Mac]

You need to provide the required information noted in this category.

And, when you say “every photo” what type, what camera etc. etc.

Canon R6; Its most noticeable with people; It occurs when you start with CR3 files in Light Room Classic and batch process them using the “Plug In Extras” and click on “Process with Topaz Photo AI” and it creates a DNG. It will essentially blow out the highlights and shift the histogram

I tried to cut and paste two screenshots below. Clearly the histogram shifted

Hope the images show up.

Do you already have settings applied in LR, or have you turned ALO on in the camera?

Relative to LRC - As the screenshot shows LRC indicates “As Shot” in the white balance and everything for Tone Control was reset just to make sure.

I took a look in the R6 menu and ALO is set to Standard.

Notably, I just tried the same photo by choosing “Edit in” in the LRC toolbar and it works perfectly. No color/brightness shift as all. That process creates a TIFF

So it seems to only happen when batching CR3 files.

1 Like

If you have the files on hand, please upload some of the CR3 files with this issue to my Dropbox.

I can test them and check if we can fix this. It looks like the exposure value on export is higher than it should be.

You can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.
Dropbox File Request

Ok will do. Thanks

Ok I sent them in Dropbox. I gave you two images - each one in both CR3 and DNG formats (i.e., before and after PhotoAI). You will notice that in both cases the histogram shifted. Thanks Michael

Thanks for uploading the files. I processed both images and got an exposure shift on one image but not the other. The shot from further away had the exposure increased.

The second image does have a slight shift in the histogram but the image looks nearly the same as the original so it seems to be working fine for that ISO level. There is a slight change in the white balance values.

I documented this for my team so we can work on a fix for this.

For now, I would recommend using the Photo > Edit in > Topaz Photo AI method for the images where the exposure is increased on export.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.