Topaz Video AI v3.5.0

While installing Photo a. i. and waiting for the download of whopping 106 files I want to install the new Video a. i. 3.5.0. This is what I get:

This is totally unacceptable to me. :frowning_face:

What sort of crashing is it? Do you get a black screen with or without the GPU fans ramp up to full? That’s what happens to my 4090 too occacionally but not only with Video a. i.

This is terrifyingly uncanny valley.

1 Like

You should hand-tune your card in Afterburner or similar app.
It’s the power consumption problem, undervolting usually fixes it.

1 Like

You can only have one instance of a setup which relies on Windows Installer (.msi) running. Seems a bit unfair to blame Topaz for that.

3 Likes

yes Iris v 2.0 is worse for my videos maybe I should use firt artemis LQ
then iris

3 Likes

The preview gets temporary stuck again. Most of the time it is just not running but delivering a standstill image instead. If it finally runs for a few frames it is far behind the acutal processing position. :neutral_face:

getting extremely low bitrate and horrible macroblocking and pixelation when the export bitrate is set to dynamic, even on high, putting to constant and leaving it at 24 seems to fix this, this is a new issue though.

Really ?

From my small tests last night, yes. You will need to do a round in nyx, then if you are upscaling do that after. Not sure if you can do it with gaia as second enhancement, or you need to finish it then do it again with upscale (have not tested that) but it seems to qork quite well! The new Iris v2 also seems to do a great job with noise/grain reduction too.

even my wife saw this while I was converting with Iris 2.0 It seems having to do with the recover original detail slider to high. I had hoped engineering converts with LQ too or are they too young nowadays it seems so.

I noticed that dynamic high is consuming less and less space since july

Oddly, when I do 2x instances my fps does what yours is doing, crashing to .2-.4, but if I do a single instance it is hammering away at 8-16fps.

Would you mind let us know, what encoder, profile and GPU in the output settings ?
Thank you

I uninstalled, this is very buggy. My export video was extremely tall and only a few pixels wide + no motion preview, or preview at all for that matter.

I gave up on Iris V1 for reasons that seem not to have changed in V2: the eyes! It will for me remain unusable unless and until:

a) eyes can be trained to match each other; and
b) eyes can be trained to approximately match the resolution,sharpness and contrast of the rest of the face.

And as I mostly upscale older SD videos not HD, Nyx will be, sadly, of limited or no use for me though it’s nice to have choices.

It would be interesting to know the proportions of TVAI users who are mostly upscaling and/or cleaning up SD vs. HD (HD video is usually good enough for me, except for what I can do in a standard video editor).

2 Likes

Which GPU do you have?

I think its because of cache, with more instances the caches of the GPU are filled the whole time.

Pause processing would be great.

2 Likes

Nvidia 3080 10gig

1 Like

You can use an app named Process Lasso to suspend and resume ffmpeg. Pretty straight forward, open the app then start your export. You will see an instance of ffmpeg in the list, right click it and go to More → Suspend, whalah.

Personally I paid for this app and it EASILY allows me to change the CPU Priority and Affinity, so I can have ffmpeg run at below normal priority, then only use half my cores so my pc is still totally usable for wok and normal usage (obviously not games). I have suspended ffmpeg for more than 24 hours and when I resumed it had zero issues picking up right where it left off.

Unusual that it drops so far although it is an Ampere card, I would not have expected that.

I had considered buying a RTX A5000, which has just a reasonable price but in this case I think again.