Topaz Video AI v3.1 – faster exports, faster playback, and new Motion Deblur model

Yea, I am trying to transfer AVI files that have also been copied from 80’s and 90’s videos which are recorded from analog sources. Results are mitigated. Been running V 2.6.4 unto 3.1.1 this last week and I keep running into problems.

Trying to convert unto 4k gets me 250Gb files after 26 hours running on a MAC Studio 2022, 64 Gb Ram. But when I run with either Stabilisation or Deblur they run for the 1st pass then get stuck on 0% at 1/2. Then after some hours it crashes.

Dealing with Topaz support at the moment… will keep posted.

What colour space are the files ?
I’m guessing REC 601
Can you run mediainfo to give a bit more info.
Or even send a 30 second snippet of the avi to look at.

I am at a loss as to why I should renew a subscription so I can get 3.1. Which should be a free upgrade given the disastrous product named v3 that was basically unusable.

I got absolutely nothing out of version 3. Computer crashes, freeze ups - seriously the worse release of any software I have ever seen. Topaz Video Enhance, ie V2, was an absolute pleasure to use that always worked without a single issue. And then came version 3. What was it, an emergency update every month for about 8 months or so ? It was so crap I had no choice but to stick with v2 for actual work, v3 was something I could try on the weekend and watch with amazement at just how bad it was.

So tell me Topaz Labs, how can you possibly expect me to cough up $119 bloody dollars for an update to something that was akin to a Beta version. I own Topaz Video Enhance 2, Topaz Gigapixel, Topaz DeNoise, Topaz Adjust, Topaz Sharpen and Topaz Photo AI so you could say I am a loyal customer and owning a 26 year old technology website I have spruiked just how good V2 and Gigapixel are. But being forced to cough up another $119 to upgrade from a C grade beta is really really pushing the relationship you have with my wallet.

I would love to hear from a Topaz manager as to why I should pay this.
And on another note, why does this forum post my full name ? Privacy laws thrown out the window ? How can I change this ?

4 Likes

For me it slowed down a lot lot lot. I have a 8700K + 1080ti, I’m runing thf-3 and chf-2 to up-convert a 1080p30 video to 4K60, it’s about 5-10x slower than 3.0.9. From what I see, even though I didn’t set extra instances, it used all my 11G vram and start using the system memory, which I think is the bottleneck.
Hope this can be changed in future updates, it should not use this much vram