Topaz Video AI v3.1.9

Iā€™m having consistent issues where the exports are hanging for hours.

My configuration: Intel I7-12700KF, 128GB DDR5 Memory, Four 2TB NVME drives

I tried switched from 2 to 4 processes, at a certain point the exports hang. Leave it sit for 4+ hours, zero additional progress

The clip Iā€™m exporting is quite small - source is about 30 seconds. Iā€™m trying 2x, 4x, 8x, 12x, 16x. Itā€™s usually hanging when it gets to the 8x. Iā€™m using the Apollo Model, Stabilization with 2 passes. Encode to ProRes 422LT

Thoughts?

I am going to use this, as I need to get rid of my frame-inaccurate issues with my AVFS setup. Naturally, I need to preview the job in question first. So, I will continue to use AVFS to do the preview, then use the CLI for real processing.

I think y4mp belongs to avs2pipemod64, btw. Normally (towards x265) I do:

VSPipe -c y4m "f:\jobs\job.vpy" - | x265 ...

Would be interesting to see whether TVAIā€™s ffmpeg can be moved to output to a pipe too. Then I could do the entire job in one fell swoop, and forego on a ~1.5T ProRes file. :slight_smile:

My badā€¦ it is y4m :roll_eyes:

What do you mean ? Piping the output to a different encoder instead of going first to ProRes ?

I get this too, in Chronos fast, but, when trying out previews with same sliders on Apollo it works.

Pretty much just output like y4m in VSPipe. Aka, just outputting raw, unencoded data, that can be caught with x265, for instance, via a pipe.

EDIT: And before you say it, I donā€™t want TVAIā€™s crappy, bulky NVENC implementation of H265.

1 Like

Maybe something like this :point_right: Topaz's ffmpeg binary doesn't contain libx264 or libx265 - #5 by 07broom.fibulae

EDIT: Nooo I will not :wink:

I donā€™t understand I keep setting the bit rate to 40/60/120 264/265 and it always creates a bad quality 6mbits compressed file, where am I wrong? does it only happen to me?

Use Proteus Fine Tune
Win 10

If I use Apollo to interpolate the Framerate to 60fps, I always get a complete Crash on macOS 13.2

Thank you for this! I was unaware of process lasso and gave the free version a try. The More-suspend feature WORKS WONDERFULLY, I was able to suspend the app, which paused it, then reenable it and it picked up right where it was. +1 bro is a hero until Topaz gives us a pause.

1 Like

@suraj @yazi.saradest Uploaded Video With Color Chart.:slight_smile:

1 Like

Brightness changes on a previously upscaled .mov when I run it through Enhance using Proteus fine tune again after I ran it through Stabilization. Suggestions? Topaz V AI v3.1.9, 2020 Retina iMac, OS 12.6.3, 128Gb ram, 10 Core 10th generation i9 (comet lake), Radeon Pro 5700 XT, 16 Gb vram. Any thoughts?Thank you! You have to tab quickly between the two jpegs to see the difference.

My experience is quite the opposite. 3.0-3.1.9 shows a dramatic increase in quality, stability, processing time.
2020 Retina iMac, OS 12.6.3, 128Gb ram, 10 Core 10th generation i9 (comet lake), Radeon Pro 5700 XT, 16 Gb vram.

Quality I donā€™t know as Iā€™m not a pixel peeper and I donā€™t use Proteus, but Artemis High is exactly twice as fast for me in 3.1.9 as it is in 2.6.4 on 1080p 2x upscales. Win10, Ryzen 7 5800x, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia 3060 ti.

There are other some issues as discussed in the thread but at least on speed, itā€™s now measurably much faster. PS thereā€™s nothing wrong with being pixel peepers but on TVAI I donā€™t really do it, I focus on the bigger picture at the moment.

What are you iMac specs year, gpu, cpu, ram, vram,? What type of drive are you exporting to? Read/Right speeds? You should also know that both SSDs and platters read/write speeds slow down with Ventura for some people. This has been documented.

Here are my Specs:
I have an SSD only iMac.

How can I preserve the original audio?
input - Nikon Z7 MOV with audio in Linear PCM 1500kbps 16 bit 48 kHZ
output - only AAC 23kbps through 150kbps!!!

In VideoIA Output Settings / Audio Settings:
Copy: results in error (unclear what the actual error is)
Auto: results in behavior above

Please advise! Thanks.

Tell me, please, who knows if it makes sense to increase the bitrate value at the output more than in the original with an upscale?

A few things to consider:

1. All things being equal (equal input format to output format), you should always increase bitrate. That is because you always lose on the deal with each new compression step, like H264/H265 (which is why itā€™s called lossy).

2. With an output format which differs from the input format, and assuming you are using a better compression on output, going from, say, MPEG2 ā†’ H265, things are different, of course, and you can suffice with an equal, or lower bitrate even.

3. Since youā€™re doing up upscale to 4K, from say 1080p, you are increasing your surface 4-fold. So, it stands to reason you need a much higher bitrate. But not necessarily much more (see 2nd rule). And A.i may smoothen out your image too (from all the corrective work alone), which will lower the bitrate requirements too.

4. In principle, you donā€™t even want a fixed bitrate, but rather something like CRF (Constant Rate Factor), as you should ideally let the encoder itself decide what bitrate is needed for what scene.

Yeahā€¦ so extract the video from the original file then add the audio back after the fact. Here is how:
extract just video:
ffmpeg -i originalvideowithaudio -c copy -an newfilename

do your video processing on the new file in video ai, when completed put it together
Add audio back:
ffmpeg -i videoaiexportfile -i originalfilewithaudio -c copy -map 0:v -map 1:a -shortest finalfilename

Essentially that command will use video from the 1st file, then audio from the second combined into the finished file using a straight copy, so no audio processing or reencode or anything.

Thanks for the replyā€¦ but this is ridiculous for such premium priced product.
VideoAI should do this seamlessly when ā€œCopyā€ is selected.

Imagine that I have 1000 clips and Iā€™d like to enhance them all. I can do that in the batch within VideoAi, but then why do I have to manually add audio to 1000 clips???

ā€œCopy Audioā€ function should be fixed to work properly.
Could you please prioritize this, as essentially ALL video content normally has audio and this is an essential use case.
Thank you.

5 Likes