Topaz Video AI v3.1.4

The current trimming dialoge is unusable.

No way to move the in and out markers frame by frame.

No buttons to set the current frame as in or out.

No display of the current timecode position when stepping through the video via arrow keys, so you have to write down your timecodes in the main window and enter them manually in the trimming dialogue.

@gregory.maddra am I missing here something? How is this intended to be used correctly?

1 Like

yes, to have an acceptable trimming range, you must not click on the “trim” button, it’s there to move the both in and out cursor that’s all. look at the edit menu at the top of the software, you’ll find the shortcut for a trim start and trim end. so on the timeline, move your cursor, with mouse or with the keyboard ( left and right) and use the shortcut to put the trim start point and trim start end. you can use the timecode as well by entering the number of it. just don’t do it on the “trimming” page.

i agree that the way to do it is not intuitive, but it’s a workaround until a better way will be there.

1 Like

Not sure if Nvidia AV1 encoding is always working depending on the video input

Thought of this myself, yes that would be great to see the results of your adjustments, using the sliders, in real time.

The Mac release of 3.1.4 now is getting stuck at 99% when encoding, all previous version have worked fine.

1 Like

Black splotched artifacts are still occurring in the current version.
It appears to occur when 4x scale is performed on Proteus.

I will report this to support, but I would like to alert you that maybe it has already occurred at your place and you just didn’t notice it.

1 Like

On my MBP-M2 VAI works fine, no problems.
But on my Mac Pro (2019), AMD Radeon Pro W5700X 16 GB, MacOS, 80 GB 2933 MHz DDR4, 13.2 (Ventura)
VAI still crashes my computer after a short time, espacialy when i try to to run stabilisation with Apollo

1 Like

And I already see the complains when face recovery will be implemented. Now TVAI is 3 times slower and this actor doesn’t like him/her :sweat_smile:

All current face restorations tools are very bad with close up faces and the face gets blurry has hell and also with profile faces. For videos with mainly static persons in front of the camera with no zoom this could work well but for people constantly moving this could be a nightmare.

2 Likes

Those are really nice results.
Thank you Topaz. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Whenever I try to end/quit the application it freezes until Windows asks me if I want to force shut down it.

An amazing new feature just landed !!! Thanks Topaz !

nothing to worry about. That is just the ghost in the machine.

Topaz Video AI - v3.1.4 → Max Memory Usage 100%
AMD Ryzen 7950X
64GB DDR5
Nvidia RTX 4080 - latest drivers
Windows 10 x64 - latest patches

My GPU at idle is at 9%, when I export this 4k video, it only goes up to 12%, so only a 3% increase of GPU usage when exporting, something is wrong here

4K clip - when I use these settings, I get max 2.1 fps, usually dips to 1.8 fps

What is wrong with my setup?

1 Like

I ran it on my AMD 3900X and 7900 XTX. I get 1.5 - 1.7 fps with your settings. Your results seem pretty good.

On a side note, I’d suggest trying Proteus with a high Reduce Noise setting.

I have been trying to diagnose it here, My FPS is LOWER with a 4080 than a 3080, how is this possible? - #24 by jestar001 and a 3080 user is getting 2.4 fps and 2.3fps with a 3060.

Anyone else getting two GPUs under AI Processor, maybe thats the issue (tried it with every option, similar result except with CPU):

1 Like

I was seeing the same thing a very long time ago (2.6.4) and reported it. My son called them “floating Q spots,” since it was Star Trek Voyager upscale, and only appeared in very dark areas.

anomaly

2 Likes

It looks like a licensing issue to me!

1 Like

I am using the trial version, clean install

You’ve been posting here since October, you’ve been running the trial for 4 months? How does that work?

If you must know, I formatted my computer in the past week.