Topaz Video AI v3.1.0

QQ for those whose license expired with the 3.1.0 update: Windows or Mac?

I updated my Windows version no problem. Migrating my workflows to my Mac and will hold off if that’s the glitchy update.

Thanks!

“Model Loaded” stuck.
2023-01-18-20-45-53-Main.tzlog (31.2 KB)

IMHO, ProRes 4444 is an utter waste; if for nothing else, because no one is working with such extreme high-quality input files (if you were, you wouldn’t need TVAI to begin with). ProRes 422 HQ is more than enough. I use it on typical 8-bit Blu-Ray material too, then (in a VapourSynth post-pass) convert to YUV420P10 (10-bit, for superior handling of gradients, done by TVAI), and encode to 10-bit HEVC, for something playable on a media center.

2 Likes

Maybe this has something to do with it?

A completely useless answer. You didn’t bother to read the summary.

LOL. Didn’t even see there’s a ‘hidden’ Summary. Well, you’re on your own then.

EDIT: Slightly off-topic, but would actually be nice if such a fly-out like ‘Summary’ could be implemented, standard, for people’s computer specs. Would save so muck asking!

add face recovery Topaz Video Ai , Please !

7 Likes

proteus always gets stuck during generating the preview. same issue with the last two beta versions. all other models work fine.

Preview when clicking jumps often backwards to frames you don’t want to preview

1 Like

Expiry is by calendar, one year from purchase, not by version number. This means that as a new version is released, and you are out of date, you’ll need to renew your license. However, your current version will continue to work indefinitely.

1 Like

Cannot export. get “unknown error”. (previews work fine).

Message Reads:
[Last FFmpeg messages:

Setting ‘ispace’ to value ‘5’
Setting ‘space’ to value ‘6’
Setting ‘primaries’ to value ‘6’
Setting ‘trc’ to value ‘6’
Uninit called for prob-3 1
Parsing a group of options: output url C:/Program Files/Topaz Labs LLC/Topaz Video AI/file:/scott-main/j/BUFFY/BUFFY RIP/S2/S2 IVTC/S02e09 - What’s My Line (1) W Comm -9_prob3_temp.mkv.
Applying option c:v (codec name) with argument hevc_nvenc.
Applying option profile:v (set profile) with argument main10.
Applying option pix_fmt (set pixel format) with argument p010le.
Applying option b:v (video bitrate (please use -b:v)) with argument 24M.
Applying option map_metadata (set metadata information of outfile from infile) with argument 0.
Applying option map_metadata:s:v (set metadata information of outfile from infile) with argument 0:s:v.
Applying option map_metadata:s:a (set metadata information of outfile from infile) with argument 0:s:a.
Applying option c:a (codec name) with argument copy.
Applying option metadata (add metadata) with argument videoai=Enhanced using prob-3 auto with recover details at 22, dehalo at 0, reduce noise at -11, sharpen at 15, revert compression at 6, and anti-alias/deblur at 0. Changed resolution to 2524x1920.
Successfully parsed a group of options.
Opening an output file: C:/Program Files/Topaz Labs LLC/Topaz Video AI/file:/scott-main/j/S2/S2 IVTC/S02e09 - What’s My Line (1) W Comm -9_prob3_temp.mkv.
Setting default whitelist ‘file,crypto,data’
C:/Program Files/Topaz Labs LLC/Topaz Video AI/file:/main/j/S2/S2 IVTC/S02e09 - What’s My Line (1) W Comm -9_prob3_temp.mkv: Invalid argument
Statistics: 176882 bytes read, 2 seeks]

For giggles and to make sure it wasn’t my rig- I ran the same file through VEAI v2.6.4 - no issues.
Any ideas why it won’t export?

Their updates are scheduled by assigned deadlines, and unless there is a major problem with the application, it gets released. However, I do agree with you, ideally everything should work when released.

2 Likes

I’d rather preview the lady’s lips than the guy’s beard, but that’s just me. :grin: Just a little humor, but yes, I’ve experienced the same problem in all the v3 releases so far.

9 Likes

Not quite true. If you own e.g. 3.0.x you are entitled to any updates up to 3.0.xxxx even if your licence has expired, but an update to 3.1.0 requires a current licence. The same will apply to 3.2.0, 3.3.0 and 4.0.0 etc.

5 Likes

If it has not changed since 3.1.0.4b, environment variables are as follows.
I’m in the processing of a movie that’s about 2 hours long and haven’t been able to upgrade to 3.1.0.0 yet, so I haven’t been able to test it myself.

TVAI_MODEL_DATA_DIR
C:\ProgramData\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Video AI

TVAI_MODEL_DIR
C:\ProgramData\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Video AI\models
1 Like

Possibly he still had TVAI_MODEL_DIR set to:

C:\ProgramData\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Video AI BETA\models

2 Likes

Or like me—still had it defined as VEAI_MODEL_DIR. I probably would have caught it sooner if they had updated the documentation at the same time.

1 Like

Theia models are still broken by ignoring input values for Sharpen and Revert Compression. Reduce Noise still only changes the Sharpness of the output.
No. I cannot use 2.6.4 for Theia. It adds vertical and horizontal lines throughout. The last early access had those same lines, but only for a few frames after a scene change.

Same here

Exactly!