Topaz Video AI v3.0.7

i just got a reply yes the web page is down they are having major problems so everyone is screwed for a while

1 Like

Which is why it is ridiculous not to have a complete offline mode. If they want to put up an authorization check so frequently, then it should be up 100.00000% of the time. Topaz charges $300 for the software, it’s incumbent on them to make sure that it can be used at any time. In addition to this failure, my internet has gone out a few times in the last several weeks where the software is unusable.

7 Likes

The larger companies, like Abobe, require a 1-time login (via their Creative Cloud tool, at computer startup). Microsoft doesn’t even care: as long as your Windows is licensed, they don’t care whether you’re logged into your MS account.

Topaz’ attitude seems to be "Our software costs $300, so we gotta be super paranoid about illegal usage." Whereas it really should be “Our customers paid $00 bucks each, we should not be pestering them with endless annoying checks that disrupt their workflow.”

3 Likes

One of our hosting providers is currently experiencing an outage.

We’ve deployed a partial work-around on our end: users who have an active upgrade license will be able to stay logged in until the issue is resolved. Unfortunately new logins, and some users with expired licenses, may be unable to login until the issue is resolved. Currently the best estimate we have for a resolution is 3 PM Central Time.

I am terribly sorry about the inconvenience this and the issue with logins not sticking has caused everyone. We have some updates to the authentication system scheduled for 3.0.8 that should help make the application more robust against internet outages.

6 Likes

Solved my own problem. I deleted all the files in the cache. Everything downloaded again, and it’s all good.

Unfortunately, since I logged out and was unable to log back in, I am getting watermarks on my output.

I hope they fix that server soon.
:slightly_frowning_face:

Oh yes. They changed the maintenance schedule. Now they will be back on line by 3 PM CT. (I hope)

I appreciate the heads-up.

Am I seeing things, or does the background of Topaz animate/flicker in some manner while you’re setting up a task? Whatever it is, it’s really distracting!

model failed every time

Dev told me that there is a bug, it should only be prompting once a month + once when the license initially expires at most.

I know there’s already a 3.0.8 alpha that seems to fix it, so all should soon be well on that front. As long as you have the required model already downloaded of course.

1 Like

I’m still using 2.6.4 as the forum users have indicated that the current versions are still buggy, and that’s what I noticed on earlier 3.0.x versions.

The authentication problem appears to be fixed now, when I opened up 2.6.4 it had automatically logged me in and everything appears to be working OK. Thanks to everyone for the information!

1 Like

I’m not aware of any licensing issue with 2.6.4, the problems surfaced with 3.0.x and particularly 3.0.7 but hopefully will soon be fixed by the next release.

Normally this should not be a problem. However, one word from my experience earlier today. If your TVAI screen doesn’t display the “Trial Verion” on the main screen of the GUI, your installation is licensed. Which means, Don’t log out.

Also I got rid of the original problem I was having with previews, by cleaning out the cache. TVAI promptly downloaded fresh ones and the problems went away.

A minor point (3.0.7 seems to be working okay for me, hasn’t done any authentication checks or downloaded any new models - ??? ) but could we have a progress bar over the taskbar icon please (just like downloads in Chrome, others), so I don’t have to keep finding the window to check how it’s going?

I concur. I live in a rural area (Sierra Foothills). When storms come through, as they (thankfully) did last week, we lose internet. Power isn’t an issue, we have PV and battery storage, but it can take awhile for Comcast to revive. I think use of my paid-up software should not be at the mercy of Topaz’s validation process when validation isn’t possible.

I’ve been able to run a file this morning on the new version. I’ve tryed a new one minute ago and it failled. So I restarted my computer same. Here what i’ve got:

I had that problem, too. The cause may be the same: corrupted models

Close TVAI and open folder “C:\ProgramData\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Video AI\models”, or where you keep them on your system. Delete them or move them elsewhere. Restart TVAI and do a preview. TVAI will download fresh copies. - It did miracles on my system.

Anyway, it’s like chicken soup. It might not help, but it couldn’t hurt.

:nerd_face:

Hope it helps…

3 Likes

Question:

I am presently (2x) deinterlacing a video file that is riddled with compression noise. It appears that the only way to effectively denoise it in TVAI is to deinterlace first. And somehow, I suspect this may exacerbate the noise problem, too. Or does deinerlace 2x have some of decompress and doisw /reject=ion coasokit?

I suspect that the only way to denoise it will be do it in the 2x form. Does anyone have any suggestions whether a denoise enhancement pass will be helped or hurt by running it through and interpolation in the same pass?

Suggestions anyone?

Just don’t log out. The login/registration information will transfer to the new update, so ther eis no need to do so. The pitfall is if the login/license server is down like this morning, you may find yourself running a watermarked demo.

I would hope that Topaz devises a workaround to this problem. Until then we must depend on the on-line resource being kept up and running…

Frankly I suggest using the long, encrypted key message block embedder in the license. Sample:

Begin Code:
IT3RT E16$tXFR4#%6hTVgHEi&fQEIR J564&R434FGDGRPPRG45PTG, DPERV56mD&CvRfIfA37Y7512 #THERCVQ4^THEFRCKL83-2QFRN636tQ"
End of Code

1 Like

Well I know this is not for V2.6.4, but I’m back to using it due to:

Kept getting Model failed on 3.0.7., did uninstall/reinstall and now it will not let me login and validate license.

Every time I try it does not connect and goes to trial mode I guess because of that site you said is iffy right now & license validation issues.

V2.6.4 works good, except for sometimes it doesn’t bring across the audio of a file like. 3.0.7. auto does.

Guess I’m stuck using this and hoping audio works on files I try until 3.0.8. and license server is back up.

I just got this software less than 2 months ago - would like to get a stable version that works with my RTX 3080ti card with Proteus model.

Mike

2 Likes

Why do I have to log in every time I start the software?

2 Likes