Topaz Video AI v3.0.7

Hey, I just posted the same thing then read your post, gonna delete it and have only this reply to you.

RTX 3080ti, 527.56 Studio Driver, Window 10 22H2, VEAI 3.0.7.

I also noticed “model failed” when it first started and then it started showing other models (I don’t know .ox meaning though - a newbie here).

It ran for 10 hours and the file didn’t look any different than the input.

Enhancing to same size, parameters based on 30 averages via spreadsheet, +1 noise, +1 grain, H264.

When I first start I don’t do a preview, but rather set to Input, thinking it might be less intensive if it doesn’t have to do that and run a tad faster - don’t know if that’s the case.

Gonna run it again and might even uninstall & re-install 3.06 since this is the first time I’ve ever noticed and the output file looks the same as the input file to me.

Mike

1 Like

With Ampere, VEAI 3.0.6 and .7 tries to load models, that use tensor cores (I think), rt806-8500 ones, but, apparently, fails, and falls back to ox ones.

1 Like

Hi Dave,

#1 there is a bug, it should only be prompting once a month + once when the license initially expires at most.

Could you send me your logs from when this happens?

3 Likes

I also need to log in through browser every time I start VEAI 3.0.7, and have the same situation - my expiration date is 2nd of December.

Still no tender loving care for the Theia models.
Only the Reduce Noise slider does anything, and the wrong thing at that—It sharpens the image.
Went through all my tests: DVD source at 100% scale just trying to clean it up for the Proteus model. On the last two versions I only tested Theia Fidelity, but I also tried Theia Detail this time. It has the exact same issue.
Kind of sad that we have only been able to use a third of Theia since 3.0.4. (That’s when I started testing it. Maybe it’s been broken this while time.)

I’m not entirely certain about this, but from what I’ve observed, FFmpeg appears to put a zero-length output file in the source/destination folder. Later, it fills the completed video file into it. At that point, (I believe,) it hands the job back to the GIU which renames it to the name you originally gave in the export dialog. - That is why it doesn’t get renamed when the GUI dies and FFmpeg continues and completes the job.

2 Likes

Yes, it starts with zero length and get filled during the ongoing process. One can open this temporary file at any time with VLC in order to check what finally will be delivered.

Are you sure that’s not just Windows NTFS behavior? Whether it be .hevc, .mov, or whatever, all these files (seemingly) start at 0 length, until you press the refresh button (T5) inside the folder; and sometimes several times.

Really? It appears to stay at zero length until the job finishes. (I’m using folder details for size and MediaInfo for specs.)

No, it increases step by step until it finally gets converted from *.tvai to e.g. *.mp4. That is at least what I see in my Output folder

Interesting. - Since I mainly Export long-length video, I don’t spend a lot of time watching the screen; it’s like trying to watch grass grow. As such, I don’t get to see much happen on the screen unless I’m fortunate enough to be sitting there as a job completes.

Also, because a lot of my latest work is being attempted on Beta releases, much of it never gets done.

In fact, I’m going to put a lot more of my work using the newer “official” releases.

the JPG output seems to be broken

Is there a way to see a preview of the video being processed as it is processing, like in the past? I want to make sure everything is looking good while I export and I don’t see any live preview for the export.

Also, I see that AV1 is supported. Has anyone tested that? What kind of card do you need to export in av1? From what I am reading av1 is supposed to be better than h264 or h265? Same quality, but lower file size?

5 Likes

Getting strange behavior from the Enhancements section. Several time attempting a preview resulted in a “model failed” message. In the case of using Theia, i started, flickered failed several times and then started creating the preview which appears to have completed correctly. - My default GPU is an RTX 3090, it it possible it failed using Nvidia and retried using an alternate driver?

Updating this comment… In this release Proteus has become VERY fussy about what it will actually process. - There are so many variations in what ‘standard’ video formats are currently made up of, including what was inherited during their evolution. - The odd thing is that it gets picky about processing files that were originally created by TVAI itself.

Still only using around 35% of my 6700XT. :roll_eyes:

deleted - posted by mistake.

i have a question, how does somebody contact topaz with their issues via emai, or even dm on here, as i cant find it anywhere.

also the only way im ever able to locate the community on here is via google or via the replies on the topics ive responded to. as the community tab isnt on the main topaz site.

1 Like

Successful login log while online sent by PM
Closed TVAI
Went offline
Unsuccessful login log while offline immediately afterwards sent by PM.

Hope that helps

Good news folks, it looks like there’s a fix on the way for this issue!

2 Likes