Topaz Video AI v3.0.3

9 Likes

Could you please read the description of the issue before answering anything useless ?

The application crashes when I click on “Preview” since v 3.0.2. Same issue with many other users. How could I upload a sample of the crashing video ???

Please do not pollute this topic with useless and false answers.

2 Likes

Input resolution is 720480
The default output is 640
Even if I manually change to 720*480, the final result has black borders, and the original film is fully filled

I want to see it again. I want to be able to download all models using the model manager. I want to be able to edit JSON files again (or have an advanced settings panel or dialog with the same settings that I can change or revert to default).

8 Likes

I want free beer for everybody :partying_face:

3 Likes

How were you able to achieve this result? :open_mouth:

This is not topaz upscale. Face restoration by codeformer. This is what we expect from Topaz in the next update.

2 Likes

Cosmetic issue
When using Proteus manual.
Setting dehalo to - 100 only shows 100 because the field can only show 3 characters. It correctly shows - 99 however

1 Like

Does it work only with faces?

Does it work in Motion?

How fast is it?

1 Like

It’s mainly face enhancement. It also works well with videos. Search codeformer on github for more info.

1 Like

at least to have a choice between speed and quality would be desirable

1 Like

ForSerious was meaning that you upload to the support using the dropbox link above the SOURCe of your video that Crashed the software ! this + the Log file that your software recorded as a text file when crashing !

I didn’t insult him. Never.

it’s all a matter of chosing the right word, everybody does mistake, including me, but we could answer more nicely to each other, i even did a mistake myself two minutes ago. we’re users, and we have as well our problems in our life + we’re all in the same boat here.
we just want this software to work, and we just try to help until it works ok, because we love this software despite the actual issues. i hope it will end soon at some point, but let’s not forget that this forum is not a support place.

(you’re french ?)

2 Likes

RTX 2060+intel i7-4790
Updating to V3.0.3 improved speed considerably.
CPU utilization is still around 50%, but GPU utilization goes up to 95-100%, which seems to be the limit of the machine already.
It is about 10% faster than V2.6.4 with the same material.
this is a good update.

4 Likes

CodeFormer is mainly for upscale tiny faces photos and give slightly better result than GFPGAN and GPEN.
The background are upscale with Real-ESRGAN.

For video, they just extract each frame into photo and upscale it one by one then join them back together as video. Just like AVCLabs Video Enhance AI.

3 Likes

these software have licences (codeperformer is not free, read the licence for commercial ue) and it’s not as easy as it can be. they use lot of other codes from other softwares / so called open source.

take a look at the trial which will happen soon against Github, microsoft, OpenAi etc 
the only way face enhancement will be implanted with no issue in Video Ai, will have certainly to be done by Topaz Themselves as a model. but everybody is free to use all these softwares, just that asking here to be implanted is not as easy as everybody could think of, like the Avs Support. but that does not mean it can’t happen too.

You’re right.
For my part, when I am answered “there are only a few million combinations of hardware and video codecs” as if I were a bit of an idiot, I find it very condescending, and I find that other words would have could also be used. Hence my answer. But you’re right, the most important thing is that it works.

3 Likes

I didn’t say we exactly want codeformer
but when Topaz is coming up with updates in the coming weeks, there should be face enhancement models
that’s the area where the Topaz software is behind. Hope they can deliver in the next update.

2 Likes

they will not, the amount of time to do this take a crazy amount of time. you’ll not have face enhancement tomorrow.
if 3.x work well as espected, and as best as 2.6.4 with no crash, normal playback etc
 without any new feature added, it will be VERY VERY GREAT and Good. yes, topaz is made to provide new model Ai, but for now the important part is to have 3.0 working as expected.

i know face enhancement is planned in 3.x, but it will not happen tomorrow or next week or in two weeks for sure. because doing Ai Face modification for still picture as said @lhkjacky is one thing, but doing this for videos and having it good is a complete new problem.

1 Like