Topaz Video AI v3.0.3

Thanks mate. Had two previous successful exports (roughly same rendering times too) so the common denominator, to me anyway, is the path I created. I’ll reach out to support though. Appreciate you responding :pray:

yes, lot of things is possible. until a resume possibility is available, best is maybe to cut your videos to process in smaller parts so you’re sure, you’ll not lose anything in case of crash or error.
you can export it as a picture sequence, and use simple trick to re create the whole video after that, but it can take a lot of Hard Disc space.

good luck ! :slight_smile:

Edit : while i think about it, is there an automatic shutdown on your hardisc ? or on external usb ? usually if the disc is used , it mustn’t go into “sleep”, but maybe checking that, in “case”.

1 Like

One other little thing that happens with drivers and ‘apps’ is when Windows does an update it sometimes reverts back to an older driver. This happens mostly when it’s a major update but it can happen whenever Microsoft decides. There is a way of preventing this(for now) and this has been around for a long time. In the ‘Systems’ control panel under the hardware tab there is a setting for “Device Installation Setting”. Open that and select no and Windows will not replace third party software. That leaves it up to you to make sure your non-Microsoft software/drivers are up to date or not. I’ve had problems in the past with Bluetooth, Video, Printer, Lan and especially Audio driver and software being changed and broken this way. Selecting ‘no’ has stopped this issue for me.

I would suggest anyone thinking about making this change do a search on the internet about this and decide if this is something you might want to try.

1 Like

Hi Marty, thanks again. No auto shutdowns on either laptop or ext-hard drive. Sleep mode set to off too. I’ll try with shorter samples. Good advice my friend and thanks again :pray:

1 Like

The only way to make certain is if you use drivers and software you’ve downloaded directly from the manufacturer. Nearly all of the other ‘ditto’ downloads sites do not keep their files up to date; the overhead involved in doing so would require a small army of workers to keep tabs on the sources, especially since a lot of places use these “are you human”-type photo recognition apps to keep the bots out.

On the other hand, having a good uninstaller utility is a very worthwhile idea. Especially one that allows you to decide what needs cleaning and what should be allowed to remain.

1 Like

You should try DDU driver uninstaller. It works like a charm, and it’s free. I’ve used it many times. Highly recommended.

Guru3D

3 Likes

Bug: Theia models accept -1 to 1 for their 3 parameters, but the GUI can only generate commands that are 0 to 1.
In my testing, I could not get ‘Reduce Noise’ to do anything until I set it to -0.2. That’s impossible with the current GUI.

3 Likes

Good Comment.

I hope they add this to their ToDo List for the next sub-release.

1 Like

Hi,
Tried it … As in the previous versions I would expect a nicer processing of one of my videos !
Denoise is not working as nicely as expected !
Can I share / upload this video (240MB) to your team for research work ?
Best
Sylvain

There may be a safer, less drastic way to find out about the battery quality. Check your UPS software. It may have a status indicator for the battery life (APC does), and it will say something like ‘replace your battery’ if the battery has expired.

I’m going to swap out the batteries. I have a few of the same type for servicing other UPS units in this house. I’ll put the removed batteries on a charger and see if they can hold a charge. Usually, there are two batteries in the larger UPS units. Usually only one goes bad, but it is advisable to replace them in pairs and recycle the old ones.

AV1? - That’s Great News!

When?

1 Like

Using “Export As” here. But, as you can see from the file details below, it is happening here.

The MVI_0790.MOV was a file that I downloaded and resized for another member of the forum. Note that all the (Exported As) output files have the same date and time in 2011.

AV1 support is already available. If you have a NVIDIA card supporting compute version 8.9, the AV1 (NVIDIA) encoder is available in the GUI.

There is a software encoder available as well, libaom-av1, however it tends to be quite slow except when running in realtime mode. The arguments for it are quite similar to the VP9 encoder, if you want to add an entry for it or use it from the command line.

2 Likes

Probably related to the last bug I listed.
Bug: Theia parameter ‘compression’ makes no visual nor data change at any value. I tested from -1 to 1 at .2 increments and all outputs were identical in all ways.

Someone on this thread mentioned setting the power management mode to prefer maximum performance on nvidia cards. I can confirm that it did change my RTX 3080ti from using ~30% to ~90% while processing from 480 to 1080 using the Proteus model. At least, as shown in the Windows Task Manager.

2 Likes

In that case the RTX 30x0 series cards don’t make the grade. From what I can glean from the Nvidia GeForce RTX series are only up to level 8.6. - They don’t appear to list the RTX 4090 on that page yet, but the Nvidia RTX 4090 product page does say the GPU supports compute 8.9.

It sounds like it is time to install The 4090 card I bought on the day of release. (I sometimes procrastinate…)
:yawning_face:

I have exported AV1 using a 4090 with Topaz 3.x

Hi - can you please turn “Enable Detailed Logging” in Preferences on, reproduce the crash and send me your log file from the same crash session from Help > Logging > Open Log Folder? If you can also let me know what your GPU & CPU type are, please.

As for Stabilization, could you send me a screenshot of the white screen you’re getting and send me the original video?

Thank you,

A new version is now available.