The long wait for 3.0 is almost over! Over the past few months we have rewritten the entire Video Enhance AI app from scratch. We are now pleased to announce that Topaz Video AI is ready to enter early access.
While Topaz Video AI is entering early access today, we’re not quite done yet. There may still be the occasional issue, so please don’t hesitate to provide your feedback.
Changes from 2.6.4
- Completely new app from the ground up
- Full frame stabilization
- Models can be chained now
- Support for various output formats
- Command line support
- Parallel execution support
- Ability to keep previews
- Color depth up to 16bit now supported
- Video files are playable on crashing (recovery coming soon)
- Colorspace and color inconsistency issues reduced significantly
- Many many more things
- Certain VOB files do not open correctly
- Some videos can still have some seeking issues in Preview/Export
- Color space / HDR issues
- Keyboard navigation missing
- Intel codec not working on some machines
- Some quality mismatch between 2.6.4 and 3.0
- App doesn’t clear the temp folder
- App only shows resolution in DAR and not in SAR
- Multiple selection for input videos is missing
- Different view mode is still missing
- Customized Output bitrate will not reset to Preferences bitrate when importing a new file
- Some failures can happen with some image sequences
- Cropping while deinterlacing can cause failures
- Failure can happen when resizing to a big resolution like 4k or 8k without a warning if machine runs out of memory
- Speed can be slower than 2.6.4 with some models on some machines. We’ll be working on speed optimization in the next weeks
Problems & Known Solutions
- If the output doesn’t open in other applications, disable Allow Recovery before processing in Preferences > Output (note: Allow Recovery is required for previewing exported video in the app while processing)
- Some Mac users who participated in the Alpha or Beta may experience failures with all models. If this happens make sure the data directory is pointing at the correct version of Video AI
- H.264 encoders have a maximum resolution of 4096x4096, use a different encoder for 4k or 8k videos
- Changing data folder path can cause issues. To resolve: manually create a folder and name it models in the new location and copy the files from old to new location
Proteus Auto Caveats
The adjustments will not be visible and the sliders will show values of “0” when in auto mode. However, each frame is being analyzed for optimal settings while processing. If you keep Auto enabled and modify the sliders, the settings you choose will be value-adjustment percentages. For example, if Auto estimates the Sharpen slider with a value of 50, and you manually select -50, then the actual value applied will be 25.
CLI mode has returned for Topaz Video AI 3. Detailed usage instructions are available here, on our support website.
Frequently Asked Questions can be found here.
Please upload videos that are not working or having any type of conflicts to this DropBox Folder .