Topaz texture 2 filter not working

I have a new computer and I am using the latest version of photoshop.
I’ve installed the topaz texture effects 2 on the computer and it’s in photoshop, but when I use the texture effect… it opens, and it loads a bit, but it doesn’t load any further and then it shuts down.
I’ve already reinstalled the filter but still the same problem.
It does load all other topaz filters except texture effects. I used the texture effect a lot on my old computer, and never had any problems.
So hopefully you can help me with this.
Thank you in advance
Ange

1 Like

Firstly it is an unsupported product as it is now a legacy product.

Secondly, does it run as a standalone?

What is the configuration of your new PC? Things such as the OS, RAM, GPU including vRAM and driver version.

Also include the PS version.

I was able to use it in photoshop before and it now opens in photoshop too, but it won’t load
I can also use it normally if I click on the icon on my monitor and it shows the same…not loading either.

PS Version 23.1.1

RAM 16.0GB
64-bit operating system, x64 processor

Device Name LAPTOP-JKI77ICE
Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-11370H @ 3.30GHz 3.30GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.7 GB available)
System type 64-bit OS, x64 processor

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H1
Installation date ‎15-‎10-‎2021
Control System Assembly 19043.1526

Thank you for your response
Hopefully this is what you mean

Schermafbeelding 2022-02-14 134319

1 Like

Try updating your NVIDIA drivers from the NVIDIA website to see if that helps as the drivers you are using are out of date.

Strange that they are out of date. :thinking: :thinking:
I will try that…Thank you

I have a new computer, win 11, 64bit. I tried using Texture Effects but It starts and then stops abruptly. I understand that this program is unsupported but I thought I wouls ask if anyone had any helpful ideas. I tried using it as a standalone. Mt Nivida drivers are up todate. No error messages. 32Gb memory. Anyone have any helpful suggestions? Thank you in advance Bob

I have the exact same problem with my new computer. I guess you never got an answer?

My advice would be to check through the task manager to see what other applications are running at the same time and then stop them to one by one too see if there is any conflict.

In my case I have a PC running Win 11 and can call and execute both from hosts and as a plugin to AP.

I’m having the same problem too. Just bought a new computer (going from Windows 7 to Windows 11). I have been able to install PS 4, Nik and all of the Topaz software (including all the legacy programs and Studio 2).

Everything ran fine, except for Impressions 2, Glow 2 and Texture Effects 2) both as standalones and within PS. Studio did not load, but Studio 2 did. Studio 2 appears to work correctly, but when I save back to PS, you can see some transparency in the image.

I finally got Impressions 2 to work, by playing with my GPU. Turns out my computer has an NVidia GeForce 3050 RTX, and also has an Intel integrated graphics card too. When I changed my primary GPU to NVidia, Impressions 2 started working, but I don’t see any change in the other programs.

I’ve also done troubleshooting, and reverted back to Windows 7, since the programs worked fine there. That didn’t help either.

Any suggestions on how to get Glow 2 and Texture Effects 2 to work, and Studio 2 to work properly?

I have the same issue did you ever find a solution?

Thanks for responding! You are the first to respond to any of my questions or postings. I did see where someone else posted somewhere, that he finally got Glow 2 to work. I followed his advice, and now mine is working too :wink: I still have not gotten Texture 2 to work, or Studio 2 to work properly yet.

If you are trying to get Glow 2 to work, do a search, and see if you can find the post that I found. If not, I can try to help. It involved downloading a file, and using it to replace a file in Glow 2.

If it is an issue with graphics it is easier to set the application to use the high-performance GPU in the Control Panel under Graphics. Just select the application and assign High-performance.

Changing your default graphics card to other than the integrated GPU is not recommended as it can cause issues with displays other than external.

I can’t run Topaz texture 2 on my system. Can you advise where the error is? I get half loaded and then it crashes.

Has anyone solved this problem? Does anyone know where the error is? All old laptops can handle Topaz texture 2, but none of the new ones can handle it. I have two new laptops i7 cpu, rtx4050, 32gb ram, 1TB ssd and Topaz texture is not working. I would definitely buy Topaz Texture again. I do not get it. The world’s best plugin for Photoshop has been discontinued. I would give 100 euros if it was updated and worked :frowning:

I was able to get Glow (and Texture Effects, to a lesser degree) working. Two SSL libraries have been renamed and aren’t compatible with newer OS’s: libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll

Glow is working for me 100%. Texture Effects will load, but the textures won’t apply to the image (which defeats the purpose). Topaz Studio 1 will load, but can get past the login page; it can’t communicate with a Topaz server.

Warning: do these at your own risk!
As Administrator, run these commands for libeay32.dll
cd C:\Windows\System32
copy libcrypto.dll “C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs\Topaz Glow 2”
copy libcrypto.dll libeay32.dll

For ssleay32.dll, you’ll need to download an updated SSL package.
Repeat the copy commands, but the file you want is libssl.dll (which you’ll rename to ssleay32.dll)

With Texture Effects 2, you may need to copy some old files. Details on this link. I tried with and without copying the files, but the textures wouldn’t apply.

As this thread is about Texture Effects 2, I would advise all not to do this as I just downloaded Texture effects v2.1.1 and, Studio 2 where Texture Effects from the website and all is fine. There is no need to go to older versions of the application as it will not activate as is no longer considered a Legacy Application as it has

activated then installed it and run it then save an image without any issues …

My installation is on Windows 11,

And also FYI: Classic Studio downloaded from the Legacy Downloads on the Topaz Labs website activates fine and saves images.

Note that for all of this you need to have owned Classic Studio (v1.4) it is NOT a free application.

I’m using the latest versions of the programs - I downloaded them from the Topaz site a few days ago.

My PC is brand-new, and running the latest version of Win11.

Just out of curiosity, do you have OpenSSL installed on your PC?

No, it isn’t necessary as it is usually installed with applications that need it. Or on the server side for HTTPS.