Topaz Studio file save is creating artifacts in saved image

(batracy) #1

I’m trying to use Topaz Studio to create an artistic look. I’m able to create the look I want but when I save it (doesn’t matter what file type) there are artifacts that have been introduced into the file. I’ve tried this as a plugin and standalone with the same results. It doesn’t matter what adjustments I use, the result is the same - artifacts are introduced. I’ve tried saving as a tiff, jpeg, png with various settings and the result is always the same - artifacts introduced.

I’m able to run AI Gigapixel and Jpeg to RAW AI without issues. A little slow, but no issues. I’ve also tested the file save from the standalone Topaz Impression 2 and there are no issues or artifacts. I just can’t get the look I want with the standalone version of Impression.

I’m using a Mac with the latest version of OS, 8GB Ram, 1TB Hard drive, Intel Iris Graphics Card with 1.5GB memory.

The first attachment is a screen shot (100% view) of how it looks within Topaz Studio, and the second is a screen shot of how it looks after saving the file (or returning to host application).

Anyone else see this or having a similar problem? I’ve submitted this to Tech Support ticket #165705 and haven’t received any response. As it stands, Studio is useless for me.

2 Likes
(Don) #2

As you have raised a help request already, support should get back to you soon. You can reply to the confirmation email to add more information.

Also, if you are able when using as a standalone, include the save settings you use such as the Quality setting for JPEG. Also, if you can remember, the Adjustments you use from Impression.

It may be that the GPU is a little underpowered so, from one of the apps, just go to Help-> Graphics Info, then click Copy and paste the information here.

While you are waiting for a response use the Impression 2 plugin or standalone.

(batracy) #3

Hey Don, thanks for the reply!

Not sure how including the file save settings would help as I already stated that it doesn’t seem to matter what the settings are, the artifacts are still there. I’ve tried them all - low to high quality jpeg, tiff with no compression to tiff with compression - it does not matter. It also doesn’t matter what file type is chosen - jpeg, tiff, png, etc… I do wonder if maybe there was a “glitch” in the update for Studio that might be causing this? I think I will do a complete reinstall and see if that makes any difference. If not, I will provide file settings to see if others might have other possible ideas.

If my GPU is a little underpowered (which it probably is), wouldn’t I see issues or problems with the real power hungry applications of AI Gigapixel and Jpeg to Raw?? I have no issues with these applications other than being slow. Topaz Studio also runs with out problems (both as standalone and as a plugin) until I save the file. There is no indication of a problem until you zoom in on the saved file.

Also, I already stated that I cannot get the look I’m after in the standalone version of Impression. I need the blending of Impression and AIRemix to get the look I want.

My point for posting was to see if anyone else is having a similar issue and if so what they did to resolve the problem. I’m still waiting on a reply from support, and have already provided additional information previous to my posting here.

(batracy) #4

Clean install did not fix the problem. I’ve sent detailed information to Topaz on the support ticket.

1 Like
(karrakunga) #5

Was there any update to this? I’ve created a support ticket today for exactly the same issue. Whether using Topaz Studio via Lightroom, or standalone, this issue seems to be apparent whenever I save an image.

(batracy) #6

Sadly no, there has been no response at all. There was a recent update to Studio, but it did not fix the issue. It feels as though this is being treated as a none issue.

(batracy) #7

Looks like it’s fixed as of the latest update a few days ago.

1 Like