Topaz Studio - Crashing

Hi
Applying HDR effects to image from Basic folder, each time I use KC Sunset and apply, reaches 15% then stalls and crashes.
Is this common with filters or do I need to check a setting
Thanks Mark

Hi, Need a little more information, I assume it is Studio and Windows:

• What is the type and size of the image (note size in pixels not MB)?
  • Are you using Standalone, Plugin or from Lightroom?
  • Tell us what the actual error is. Copy it from the Event Viewer in windows.
1 Like

Morning Don

Size of Image 40mb - using a Nikon 810
Photoshop or stand lone = crashes
Using Windows 10
I’m applying more than one filter to the image
When I get to the 3rd filter it crashes

Error message - Topaz studio “Not Responding”

Have used Topaz Lab = without any issues

Thanks Mark

Don will know mch more than I do re the technical issues but there is, at the moment, a problem with Photoshop and scratch disks. See my reply to Grant Botes which I have copied here for you

At the moment there is a glitch with Photoshop’s temporary files and instead of being saved on a scratch drive they are being stored on the C: drive under C:/Users/ [name]/App.Data/Local/ temp files. These can take up several gigabytes of space and may well compromise the speed and efficiency of your C: drive. They can be safely removed but it has to be done by you - Photoshops own system has not organised the deletion of them due to an oversight by the software folk.
howtogeek.com1
How to Manually Clear Out Photoshop’s Massive Temp Files

Hi Angie

I have no Photoshop Temp Files, hence this is not the problem

Thanks for youer help

Hopefully a moderator will respond soon

Mark

I would like to get a more detailed idea of what your system is running, hardware-wise. Can you please send me a Direct X Diagnostic File? This will tell me if any drivers need to be updated and what type of hardware is inside of your computer. Here are instructions on exactly how to do so:

• From the Windows desktop, press the Windows key and the R key to open the Run window.
  • In the Open: field of the Run window, type “dxdiag”. Click OK or the Enter key to open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool (if prompted to check if your drivers are digitally signed, click Yes).
  • In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click the Save All Information button.
  • In the Save As window, the DirectX information will be saved as a text (.TXT) file. Designate where the file will be saved (such as the Desktop or other easily accessible location) and then click on the Save button.
  • After you’ve saved the file, please attach it to your reply.

Thanks so much for your patience and I will await your reply.

If you use Photoshop you will have temp files unless you have written some code to delete them as soon as you close Photoshop. Each time you open an image in Photoshop it writes a temp file - as a back up for its own purposes and also enables it to recover stuff if the computer or Photoshop crashes.

Hi, the image size will be ~36 megapixels (7360 x 4912)

Joe Fredric, the support manager, asked for a dxdiag report … when you have run it and saved to a TXT file just upload it here thanks.

Do you get an error message? as I have encountered a similar problem but it was caused by the settings on the Nvidia Windows kernel mode and corrected by changing the settings.

Hi Joe

As requested file

DxDiag.txt (80.1 KB)

Thanks Mark

NB: Have upgraded to 1.3.2 and no more crashing as yet

1 Like