Topaz Studio 2 takes 40 to 50 seconds to open from Photoshop

Hello everyone. I’ve been a Photoshop user for over 25 years, but find that Topaz continues to evolve in ways of doing things that are better than Photoshop’s. Consequently, I use Topaz as my secondary go to post processing software more and more often. My concern is that whenever I want to use, for example, AI Clear, I click on the PS filter tab > Topaz Studio > Topaz Studio and wait… and wait… and wait - usually 40 to 50 seconds before the Topaz editing page appears. This delay often dissuades me from using Topaz. I want to be able to use Topaz regularly, so would appreciate any insight as to how to speed up the process of opening Topaz from Photoshop. Thanx in advance. … Ken

After Studio is open from PS please go to Help-> Graphics info and press Copy then post the information here.

Topaz Studio Ver: 1.14.5

Operating System: Windows 10

Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 432.00

CPU RAM (MB): 16364

VRAM [Total, Used] (MB): 4096, 2803

Preview Limit (Pixels): 5352

Update your gpu driver from the NVIDIA website as it is way out if date and see if that helps.

Topaz Studio Ver: 1.14.5

Operating System: Windows 10

Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 451.77

CPU RAM (MB): 16364

VRAM [Total, Used] (MB): 4096, 3486

Preview Limit (Pixels): 6064

The new driver, unfortunately, adds about 10 seconds to the time it takes to open Topaz from Photoshop using the Filter > Topaz Studio > Topaz Studio commands. It’s gone from 50 seconds to just over a minute. :>( I wonder what one would expect to be an ideal amount of time to take to open Topaz from Photoshop with everything working efficiently?

This is really unusual, do you have many other apps open because it is showing nearly 80% GPU resources being used when it is open?

The other thing to check is the amount of resources allocated to PS which shouldn’t exceed 60%.

Otherwise you can have the app open then choose a different category of Effects rather than All such as Featured so a minimum of previews are generated on open.

Thanx for all your effort, Don. I have my PS resources set to 60%; Effects have always been set to Featured. Re 80% GPU resources, I don’t normally have other than email open when doing work with Photoshop and Topaz. If you open Topaz from the Photoshop Filter tab, how long does your computer take to open Studio? Maybe mine is doing what is “normal” ???

Pretty much instantaneous as I have one of my personal Effects categories with only 8 effects that opens on startup.

My PC is the same as yours except my GPU is the GTX1050/4GB instead of the Ti. The only other change, which didn’t seem to affect Studio, was I had to downgrade to the 442.74 driver as another app was crashing on the lastest driver.