Topaz Studio 2 Roadmap

How many of you utilize Posterize?

I just tried the TS 2 to check this out. I think it uses the Accept button to return the image to the host program. If you use TS 2 as a standalone process there is a file> save as option…

That is correct @Buckstop75! Depending on the host editor, especially if in an “external editor” mode the original can be overwritten.

Wow, thanks Buckstop75 and Russel. You are right. I can use it as a stand alone and I am good to go. That was an easy fix.

I probably looked at it two or three times right at the beginning, just to see what it did. Haven’t touched it since.

Thx Russell!

Any chance they can add a small prt (so to speak) sub head that says, “Most Recent First”?

Not life critical, but might be nice if not huge hassle.

Never used it. Had little effect on a current picture I just tried out. Can do without it

I use occasionally & then reduce opacity (or add Blend Mode) for a Simplified look… Don’t use it ‘straight up’. If have a Simplify plugin, would use it as alternative.

Topaz Studio 2 version 2.0.2 update is now available. Here’s the change log:

• Fixed Crash when Export or Saving back to Lightroom involving TIFF images
  • Filter Favorites List is now sorted alphabetically within categories
  • Studio 1 Custom Preset to Studio 2 My Look Conversion has been added to the Help Menu
  • Brightness / Contrast Filter has been added to the list of Filters
6 Likes

I would suggest for the Moderators to pin this thread to help with FAQ.

1 Like

pinned :slight_smile:

1 Like

Rarely. Would not miss it.

I use Capture One Pro and now make a duplicate image to open with TS2 to avoid overwriting the original image. It is an easy fix, but… it would still be nice if a ‘save as’ button could be added. I had to cancel out of TS2 image because I forgot to make a duplicate first.

[withdrawn per further testing]

First of all thank you to the Topaz staff… you have been great at answering questions and giving help. After watching the webinar I am now beginning to understand TS2 better. No need for a ‘save as’ button since that is really the purpose of the new EXPORT button. Silly me, I should have figured that out. Initally I was concerned that TS2 was being made more simplistic. However, now I realize that the opposite is true. It is a very powerful tool for all aspects of my editing needs. Thank you! It is organized differently and some things have been renamed, but it is all of TS1 and more.

5 Likes

Topaz Studio 2 version 2.0.3 update is now available. Here’s the change log:

• No longer displays blue and spinner when processing slider changes in Photoshop Mode
  • Added Reduce Noise Filter
  • Added Ability to Copy and Paste a Mask
  • Added Search by Look Name
  • Focal Blur Remembrance and visual fixes
4 Likes

I haven’t had any need for posterize so far.