Topaz Studio 2.3.1 My Looks missing

I opened TS2 today and only one My Look was there. I reviewed my file system and found a nested Topaz Studio directory structure as follows:

C:\Users<user>\Documents\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Studio 2\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Studio 2\My Looks

and my original My Looks were in this directory:
C:\Users<user>\Documents\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Studio 2\My Looks

Why is Topaz Studio 2 creating this double nesting? And how do I fix it?

Wayne

Hi, That is the backup directory, copy your My Looks folder over to the following Folder:

C:\ProgramData\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Studio 2\Looks

Your Documents folder should look like this, as you may have inadverdently mirgated Custom TS1 presets over twice::

TS1 has been uninstalled for quite some time and I never copied any Looks from it. Everything was working normally until I tried to use it today. When I last used, I saved a new Look, which might have then created the nested folder structure. Most of my Looks are in the structure you indicate. So I know what the correct structure should be. What I need to know is how to fix TS2 to get it back to normal? So it will find the proper location?

I told you above:

"Hi, That is the backup directory, copy your My Looks folder over to the following Folder:

C:\ProgramData\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Studio 2\Looks"

Sorry, As I said, All my looks are in the correct location you indicate, but TS2 does not find them. How do I fix TS2 to go to the correct location?

Also, there is no folder called “Looks” only “My Looks”. Do I now need to create a Looks folder?

Have you looked in the "C:\ProgramData\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Studio 2" folder? Not the documents folder.

I give up, you are not hearing me. TS2 is looking for files in this directory:
C:\Users\wayne\Documents\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Studio 2\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Studio 2\My Looks
how do I get it to go back to normal and find the looks as it previously did in this directory?
C:\Users\wayne\Documents\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Studio 2\My Looks
I don’t want to have to start moving files from that directory into Program Data directory. And there is not My Looks there anyway.

The installation copies them to the ProgramData directory which is the normal.

In your case you can try moving the My Looks folder from the last level to the C:\Users\wayne\Documents\Topaz Labs LLC\ folder.

If it doesn’t find them there try the ProgramData folder.

I deleted the nested directory. All the files were in the correct place you indicate. Does not work. I am uninstalling TS2.

I uninstalled TS2 and reinstalled after deleting the nested directory. That did not fix the problem. I created and saved a new look and TS2 recreated the nested directory structure and put the saved look there. Something is wrong with TS2. Let me know if you find a real solution. TS2 created:
C:\Users\wayne\Documents\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Studio 2\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Studio 2\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Studio 2\My Looks

Searching the registry I found a key with CustomPath set to the nested structure.
The key had this
C:\Users\wayne\Documents\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Studio 2\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Studio 2/Topaz Labs LLC/Topaz Studio 2
I modified that to this:
C:\Users\wayne\Documents\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Studio 2
And TS2 seems to be back to normal.
I never changed any custom paths so something in the installer or updater must be causing the issue.
Computer\HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2282851405-1728616489-790805604-1001\Software\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Studio 2
and key CustomPath

PS, since I uninstalled and reinstalled TS2 note the key now had 2 nested levels. So clearly the installer has a bug.

Here is my directory on my D: drive which is where I install most programs. It seems to have a nested directory as well but it is working.

It may work but it is not correct. Any older My Looks will still be in the top level where TS2 will no longer see them unless you move them down to the new level.

I challenge you to uninstall/reinstall TS2 several times. Each time you will get a new nested level until the installer is fixed. It is a simple bug to fix, so TopazLabs should fix it. Simply correct the registry key I indicated before for CustomPath to replace text rather than append text during the install.

I installed a freshly downloaded TS2 and got only 9 looks installed. Is this correct, the manual talks about 200 looks.

This topic was about saved My Looks. The general looks are found by clicking on Add Look and select the category All to see all the installed looks, or the category you want.