Topaz Photo AI v1.2.5 - v1.2.6

Deleted

Think of it more like a universal cure to ills, if you donā€™t know you have it , no cure needed. PS have a peek at many good telephones, they allow shooting of RAW files.

Agreed on all points.

If ppl can use the A.P. on full auto, pax Nabisco (or whatever the Latin isā€¦I used to live near Nabisco).

But the product cannot be that stripped down to be suited to the ppl with the mkt attributes we, together, described. Some personal interaction is necessary when desired. That requires a mix of settings, models, masking and other ā€œtoolsā€; even as a preprocessor.

1 Like

Yes, itā€™s a ā€œLifetime Licenceā€, but then thereā€™s the annual maintenance subscription issue to deal with. Iā€™m not sure there are Gazillions of people willing to put up with that.

2 Likes

Deleted

1 Like

Deleted

3 Likes

This is a valid thought and no software application has ever handled all situations, only those it is designed for.

Your thoughts on RAW processing are also valid as that is a totally different situation and that the RAW conversions offered by Topaz are basic and will never compare to products like Camera RAW, Capture One, ON1 Photo RAW etc., etc. And, as a photographer that shoots RAW primarily, I would not even consider using the RAW conversions offered by Photo AI or, indeed, any of the Topaz products.

3 Likes

Deleted

1 Like

You shouldnā€™t step back from the Beta program as Topaz need input from ALL different types of users. It is meant to be all inclusive for different types of photography.

2 Likes

Also suggest you keep going with the beta. Some of us beta testers are pushing the program until it breaks. Others are like you. They need both types.

2 Likes

I just installed this on my Microsoft Surface Book with Windows 11, and the application wonā€™t even start.

Please run DxDiag on your PC and then save and upload the saved text file here.

DxDiag.txt (101.0 KB)

As your PC is borderline acceptable please raise a support request at the main website. They should be able to determine what the issue is.

Yes, Iā€™ll be working on that sometime after I finish with other RAW related things.

1 Like

Did the look of this Discussion site just change? Iā€™ve been w/out power & phone for over 2 days due to CA atmospheric storms. Just able to log on briefly with a tablet in a library. Wondering if my system went wacky due to power hit then being down or if the font/design just was changedā€¦

I donā€™t want PAI to be a full-fledged raw editor - it will never compete with Lightroom (and friends).
I personally use PAI as a plug-in to LR. Import to LR, PAI for denoise and/or sharpen, back to LR for the rest of the edits.

1 Like

I think itā€™s the same look.

Iā€™m down here in SoCal, keep your storms to yourself :wink:

Hereā€™s how it looked this morning (iPhone crop processed in Photo AI and Studio 2:

Same here!
It looks like they are using a different font.

I find this harder to read and itā€™s no longer tracking prior discussion topics to find easily if I wanted to re-read othersā€™ suggestions or ideas. I prefer the former design all around. Iā€™m sure ā€˜someoneā€™ will get ā€˜helpfulā€™ & move this to where whoever changed things will see itā€¦