Topaz Photo AI v1.1.1

The difference is not the same across the whole picture/viewport and varies with zoom level so perhaps there is a slight scaling mismatch. Example of an after situation shifted down:
Tried to find a geometric example where you can see straight lines are broken due to the shift.

PC specs:
Intel Core i5 6600k
Gigabyte RX480 G1 Gaming 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit 22H2

I would like to request the ability to crop the image in Topaz AI before upsizing (like Gigapixel has) in order to get a faster save of the files.

1 Like

Another issue, only clearly visible in larger uniform surfaces.
At 200, 400 and 800% zoom levels, strange lines are drawn in the viewport. They donā€™t move with the photo when panning around but stay in the same spots on screen.
200%:

400%:

800%:

It would be great to be able to open .jfif files

The frequent updates are welcomed and the product is getting better and better.

With this release (1.1.1 on Windows), when I jump to Photo AI from Photoshop, Photo AI opens with the ā€œfinalā€ queue processing popup. If I let it proceed, it eventually completes and returns to Photoshop. I have to select ā€œcancelā€ to the queue processing so I can get to the main window.

Unfortunately I am still encountering plugin crashes with PS 2023 when trying to use PhotoAI. :frowning:

I am on MacOS Monterey, iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020) with 128 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

I noticed this shift as well when using photo AI this morning. Didnā€™t notice this in earlier versions

I know Iā€™m not the first one to mention this, but eyes are almost always rendered as hazel. My family has dark brown eyes, and itā€™s a very noticeable issue. Any word on adding the ability to tweak eye color restoration?

I have just updated and have this error pop up. I have tried a direct drop to the app and it just shuts down. Both at the point when i am trying to use the brush to remove a large area that doesnā€™t require the mask, if that helps.

I have just reinstall 1.1.0 and it works fine, so I will leave this update. Hopefully you will find out what the issue is, fingers crossed.

I have a couple of issues:
(1) I canā€™t drag and drop from an Explorer Window into it (Win10 x64 current), but I can drop from that same Window into Gigapixel-AI 6.2.0
(2) When feeding a 3x3 grid of images of a person in it identified 7 faces then went pop (disappeared). When I ran it up again the installer did some work of some sort or other (ran for a little while and replaced the desktop icon). RTX2060.
The first portrait I fed it I found it did okay.
Oh and ā€œOpen Recentā€ would be nice. As would all the AI appsā€™ menu structures and window content (where not tool-specific) looking more similar.

Worked fine in version 1.1.0.

What GPU and itā€™s dedicated vRAM do you have, and what is the driver version?

It may be a Win10 issue. It works for Win11.

Agree! Have requested a few times in past. (Iā€™m gonna check the roadmap to see if itā€™s thereā€¦)

1 Like

The 11th of December 22 I experienced a situation where Photo AI denoising considers a very transparent water surface to be a shape-breaker between the upper and the submerged part of a stone in a water pond. This means that in stead of denoising the pattern - that continues vertically from above to under the surface - everything below the surface is diffused.
Excuse me the comparison, but with the same file processed in DxO with DeepPRIME XD the pattern-relevant denoising is continued below the water surface, which is the natural and logic way to see the problem. If I reduce the denoising to 1 and increase the detail recovery, some improvement occurs - but then the rest of the image - the stone - is rendered harshly from the increase of local contrast.
Best,
Eigil Skovgaard

1 Like

Photo AI found the main subject, in this case a knife clam throwing a shadow upon the surrounding flat sand on a beach. But the shadow was included in the mask. Itā€™s not interesting to have the shadow-part of the sand sharpened while the major part of the sand is unsharpened. So I deleted the shadow-part from the object with the new brush? First with the largest, then ā€¦ ,ending up with the smallest brush. But the smallest brush still marked areas across the border of the clam. I could either choose to have parts of the clam unsharpened - or parts of the sand included in the mask.
Unfortunately the sharpening precisely followed the fractalized division of this segment and not the edge along the clam, which left me with a very obvious sharpened area of grains close to the clam - breaking up the impression of an unsharpened surrounding base.
Best,
Eigil Skovgaard

Donā€™t forget to include the example of what you are seeing.

Also include your technical computing environment including: OS, RAM, GPU with dedicated vRAM and driver version.

I know, but this behavior speaks for itself (the fractalization is not sufficient to find the actual borders and canā€™t be modified with the brush to adapt). Further the situation was managed to prioritize the production, and in this case I will not distribute the image. Finally, the environment is not critical in this case. This is an obvious limitation in the level of fractalization - itā€™s too coarse - and canā€™t be modified.

1 Like

Iā€™m seeing the same issue on the latest version, where the sharpening is not limited to the subject and is acting on the whole image. Really noticeable on some with low depth of field where parts of the background are being sharpened.

The subject refinement shows the correct part of the image has been selected as the ā€˜subjectā€™ but itā€™s sharpening the whole thing.

Iā€™m sure that was working in earlier versions.

How did you manage to reinstall 1.1.0. I would like to do the same but I donā€™t think I have any download of the old version and canā€™t find old versions available to download.

Edit: I have found the download on the release thread for 1.1.0 and re-installed.

The fact that 1.1.1 sharpens outside of the ā€˜subjectā€™ makes it unusable for me, even though there some nice things in the new one.

I will update again when thatā€™s fixed.