Topaz Photo AI v1.0.9

V 1.0.9 Tells me to use Plugin Extras instead of Edit in, but PAI does not show in plug in extras. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled. Rebooted LR. Tried to update with LR open and LR close.Rebotted computer. It does show in PS.

Good work on this software, I have almost stopped suing Sharpen AI…almost…

Hallo, unfortunately, since the 1.0.9 update on my Mac, Topaz Photo AI has stopped working. First image not loading. After the program has been placed in the taskbar and opened again, you can see the image but the program can only be closed. Cannot edit the image. Not from Lightroom and not when calling up an image directly.

1 Like

!.0.9 tells me that I will get the best results by using my RAW images BUT, I normally crop in LR before sending to PAI, and then ‘upscale’. Using the RAW pathway, the ‘upscale’ enhancement does not seem to work. Bug or feature?

You may want to specify your CPU, RAM, GPU & dedicated vRAM with driver version. Also state the image type and attributes.

Note: Using Photo AI as a plug-in from AP v2 I have no issues. (i7, 16GB, GTX1050/4GB)

@richard_m_h and @russellsnr Your problem might be the same as the one I had. I found that the Photo AI 1.0.9 was in the Plugins folder for version 1 and not in the Plugins folder for version 2. I resolved by copying the Photo AI 1.0.9 app from the Applications folder into the Plugins folder for version 2. The Plugin for version 2 is /Library/Application Support/Affinity Photo 2/Plugins
and then I was able to run the plugin successfully.

The folder Library is a hidden folder and I did a Google search on how to display it because I am pretty new to using Mac.

Hope that helps.

I am on Mac mini M1 (2020).

Don’t think its that. I’m on Windows 11. The plugin starts to run then crashes, so its finding it.

@adam.mains PhotoAI still having Problem With IPHone14 Pro Max raw photos.Giga pixel not having same problem.M1 = I7 speed ?

Now that the product is released, I was expecting a “Check for updates” menu item, or the autocheck feature, and an “About Topaz Photo AI” window. It makes it easier to make sure we work with the latest version. Is the sharpening method part of the Auto-pilot?
I am very happy with Topaz Photo AI, as I can now do Denoising, Sharpening and Resizing in one go.
Why aren’t Face Detection and Face Recovery not part of these other full-featured products?
Thank you very much.

Windows 10 - Intel Core™ i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz

i have a rtx 2060 card and the preview time is noticeably faster than the previous version.

needs a copy settings option for pasting settings onto similar images, it is time consuming doing every image manually.

I have just batch processed 69 low res scans of 80s colour slides anew in PAI. I had previously done so in an earlier iteration of GPAI.
The main annoyance (on a Mac at any rate) is the filmstrip. Using my trackpad it is almost impossible to control the sideways scrolling, which whizzes by in an endless loop from left to right or vv. There is no start or end point. I have mentioned this before and am happy to send a screen recording if requested by the devs, since it cannot be uploaded here.
Anyway, since I have face recognition set to off for autopilot, I did turn it on for the images where I deemed it might help and found the select option useful since in some cases it was too aggressive on faces in the background.
It deemed no images needed denoising or sharpening, which was correct in my view.
I might want to add some grain to the images in On1PR to make them less plastic.
However, there is a marked improvement over the GPAI versions. I haven’t tested them on the latest GPAI beta. They are sharper, but I don’t think unnaturally so. Note the greater detail in the little girl’s headdress.

windows 11 gpu rtx3060 standalone

Processing becoming better and faster

Still some troubles with the user interface:

when starting generally no actions with the cursor ,trouble to resize /maximize the app not normal only of topaz apps to do that , after several tentative to resize the normal cursor actions is coming back .

disappearance of the subject detection tab . it happened when I load two pictures and I delete the first one , no way to detect subject after that

no thumbnail for my raw files in the list (nikon p1000 raw)

Sadly 1.09 not working - had no problems with 1.08. Those pesky Vulcans playing up…How do I go back to 1.08 please?

You can find previous releases for all Topaz products at the topline Product Releases tab in this community forum. The tab is divided by product name.

Recommend you uninstall your installed release before re-installing an earlier release for any of the products.

1 Like

I just updated my Photo ai… now its crashing and not working at all. I removed it and reinstalled it no change. Before I ran the update it was working perfectly! Hope a new update comes out soon I miss using it as its totally unusable now. Windows 11 and plenty of PC power.

What processor are you using? And, how is your processor set in the Preferences for the program? Can you change the Pref to something other than what it’s on now to see if any better…ie, if on Auto, try both CPU & GPU to see if a change.

Does “plenty” refer to your RAM?

See my note to the previous poster if you want to roll back for this round.

Yea, I tried all that and here are my machine specs.
32 gigs of RAM i7 2.6 GHz plenty of HD space, etc… i’ll roll it back
Thanks for the reply!!!

1 Like

I rolled it back to 1.08 and it is still not working?? was fine before I updated it. I try to change a preference and the screen jumps down and doesn’t let me use a pull down menu. Really acting strange and in PhotoAi I cannot select any modules or do anything. This happens in stand alone and through photoshop… I also just checked my graphics card driver and its up to date. Crazy an hour ago it was great. Also rebooted several times.

1 Like

I had the same question about “Clarity”…not so clear to me either! Perhaps the inclusion of a dropdown explanation for all settings would be in order?

1 Like

A minor, perhaps silly, recommendation is for the processing status to be displayed in the taskbar tab (Windows) like it appears in other Topaz standalone programs. This allows me to see when PAI has finished chugging through while I tend to things in other programs.