Topaz Photo AI v1.0.7

Have you tried running with CPU rather than the graphics card? (In the Processor menu). Assuming you’re on a PC but not clear from your post. Your workflow also sounds a bit odd. I rarely spend more than a few minutes on an image in PAI unless I want to torture it for testing.

On iMac (Intel) the software run without error but the quality of the result is far from “old” DenoiseAI+SharpenAI.

Probably autopilot use different algorithm or force setting out of range respect manual sliders of previous software.

So, still use “old” software and waiting :frowning:

I agree. I mentioned earlier that good results cannot be achieved with this program. The ambition is undoubtedly well-intentioned, but good results seem far away

3 Likes

The ability to save presets would be a great addition.

I get this error on the upgrade from V1.0.6.
I am using an AMD Threadripper 2950x - Is there a fix?
I also get a Virus warning on this update - Next post.

CPU error

Well Bitdfender is flagging a file in this update also

Virus1

A few issues:
1 - currently on 1.0.6 and it says there is an update so I tell it to go get it. Looks like 700 Mb total and it downloads (a little slowly I thought) to about 80 Mb but then it kills Photo AI and puts up a MS Installer dialog saying “This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows installer package.” It did the same thing when I tried to update from 1.0.4 to 5 and 1.0.5 to 6. I had to go to the website and download the install file and run that (which worked fine). Windows says I am up-to-date.
2 - I like having the AI Brush to refine the mask but I would also like to be able to change the brush size.
3 - I like having the little Refine button beside the “Subject detected”, but I liked it better when that Refine changed to Done when I looked at the mask. Now I have to slide the mouse down to the bottom to click on Done. Especially annoying when I was just clicking Refine to see what had been masked and (usually) it had selected the right stuff so I just needed to click Done.
4 - if I load a pile of images into the app I get the “film strip” kind of thumbnails across the bottom. This needs a scroll bar. I process the images from left to right. When I get to the last one showing I have to click and drag the strip to show the next (or more) images in the strip. I pick the one I want and the strip resets itself to #1 at the left, not the selected image at the right. So every time I have to scroll again.

1 Like

Not my comment, translated a comment from a Russian user.

1 Like

Ditto. Why in the world didn’t Topaz test for this?? My Windows 11 et al has all the latest processors and plenty of space. The only issue must be the failure of Topaz to account for the Intel Xeon CPU in their analogs. Come on, guys!!! sheesh!!!

Test for what?

I got this popup when trying to install the latest update to Photo AI: “Your CPU must support AVX instructions to install this program.” Say WHAT??? The earlier versions have had no problems. I have been using a Windows PC, have plenty of RAM, Windows 11, and the latest NVIDIA graphics card and Intel processor. The least Topaz could have done was to point up this glitch to the thousands of customers who have been using Topaz Labs, and indicate what we can do about it. I certainly hope this problem is resolved soon, and anxious customers are given instructions to remedy it.

Last Photo is one you saw.I uploaded Day And Night Shots too.:slight_smile:
PhotoAI Has No problem with used in Photoshop :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you are using BitDefender it is an issue with that AV. Turn it off to do the install.

Short simple request: “copy settings - paste settings”

Currently, the remove noise filter always applies to the entire image. The subject mask only applies to the sharpen filter, and even then only when the “subject only” box is checked.

1 Like

Anthony, thanks for your reply. I attach an image seen before of the Hogwarts Express on the Viaduct. This is a 100% clip of the image, it was processed in ACR and then given to Topaz AI Sharpen. Only the central area was selected to be sharpened by the Plugin’s own masking,.all settings are Auto, to include noise removal. As I said it looks to me like only the masked area is both sharpened and noise removed, the outer 2/3 (left and right ) are neither sharpened or noise removed.

I have to say, this is by far the best photo AI upscaler program out there! It even outperforms Gigapixel AI in certain ways; Autopilot being the best feature. Sure, you have a lot more to work with in Gigapixel AI, but if you don’t have a lot of time on your hands and you need to quickly do a batch upscale, Topaz Photo AI is where it’s at.

I just noticed this but, for me, b1.0.7 is not working correctly as a plug-in when it comes to selecting what to sharpen. Despite a mask being created, when I click done, the mask is not applied. It works correctly as a standalone.
There is a work-round. Which is to click outside the image then delete what has been selected.
Video capture available.

@anthony.lawn @yazi.saradest I think the flipping problem is Libraw .
Rawdigger is also flipping IPhone 14 pro photos.

New version available.