Topaz Photo AI v1.0.5

The “normal” model in the Remove Noise filter in TPAI uses the same model files as the “low light” model in Denoise AI. If you see any difference between the two models, we’d appreciate any reports, especially with example images where they differ, and what GPU/CPU you’re using to process.

2 Likes

Here I compare Left=process with Denoise AI RAW model Automatic values
Right = Photo AI RAW model only denoise Autopilot values

For me I see a little less bad colors with Denoise AI and more details and not the artefacts we can see on the Photo AI version (Right)
So quite

different . Still work to do with Photo AI but you known that

The image you’ve posted on the right is brighter and less color-saturated than the image on the left (to me as someone seeing it “cold”). The right one also seems to have a haze or lacks some clarity vs the left.

Hi,

If you’ve run the installer through the in-app updater, there should be a Topaz Photo AI Installer Log.txt inside your logs folder.

Could you please send me that file to assist with our debugging of this issue?

Thanks!

Yes I wanted to show how the default rendering with Denoise AI and Photo AI are quite different and there is nothing I can do myself to change that

1 Like

Unfortunately, there is no “Topaz Photo AI Installer Log.txt” file on my system (Win11).
The installation stops here:
Photo_AI_1.0.5
I have installed version 1.0.4 again.

Hello,
the Windows installer version 1.0.5 does not work for me. It starts to install and then brings the error message that it could not connect to the internet. both with the here linked, as well as directly from the application. If I install the version 1.0.4 it works fine.
Greetings Michael

2 Likes

If I do not confirm this dialog box, I can launch photo AI 1.0.5.
Screenshot (9)
If I press OK, 1.0.5 is uninstalled.

1 Like

Still needed in autopilot configuration:

• control over enhancement filter selection when auto-upscaling is enabled: natural, graphics, low resolution, none or ‘auto’

• a section for control over noise removal: normal, strong, none, or ‘auto’

• allow custom scale factors other than the preset values of 2x 4x etc.

Giving us ‘some’ options in AP configuration is almost as bad as no options. Please follow through and add these requested features.

Win 11. PAI 1.0.5 Standalone. Processor = Auto (AMD RX6800 XT, Intel i9 12th gen). Select Subject = OFF in Prefs. All levels of sharpening checked to ON in Prefs.

Testing 2 different Canon CR2 Raw images. 1- stationary metal sculpture (surrounded by lots of environmental details), 2- a moving bear in a zoo (I believe in that location it was behind plexi vs direct open air).

I ran both images using A.P. generated settings.

General Findings/Partly Problem: No matter what images I run (yesterday & today, jpg & raw) A.P. is setting Sharpening to use the Standard model. Some of my subjects are stationary & manmade, some are in motion and nature-made. For all the images I’ve run, that is making my images blurrier than they started. In all tests, the Denoising is effectively removing color noise.

Ongoing Issue/Problem: Besides the issue of the wrong (also, ineffective) Sharpening model, the problematic issue persists that I reported experiencing for the 1st time in rel. 1.0.4 - that is, When I close an image I’ve finished working with, that image appears again (temporarily) in the PAI 1.0.5 workspace when I open a new image to work with.

I was able to get a more acceptable processing output using Sharpen AI 4.1.0 Standalone (using Comparison View) with the same & like CR2 raw images & not making any slider changes.

Representative Image Snips: (PAI 1.0.5 A.P.)
Standard Model - Default Sharpening Model Chosen; Blurs Images in Processing:

Lens Blur Model - I tried, AP didn’t select - causes extreme halo-ing for tested images

Motion Blur Model - I selected to test, AP didn’t - seems to produce best PAI look in my tested stationary & motion subjects (but Not as good as Sharpen AI option)

I was most interested to see what Sharpen AI did with this moving bear (CR2 orig.) vs the stationary sculpture… highlighted model (in snip) is my favorite… it made the bear’s eyes improved as well as the making the fur the best of all the above options. I didn’t try any of my Ps sharpening options to compare them to PAI results & my trial of the competitive AI product ended…

In my previous rpts above for this rel. I mentioned the current significant issues that began with this release of the PAI plugin. The large pixel hop is really bad (once saved back to layer).

I sent you the log file via the “Message” function of the forum.

Will you please fix the window sizing issue?
Every time I open the app, it defaults to a really small window.
At this point, I cannot believe it hasn’t been addressed. It should have been obvious from the outset.

2 Likes

+1. I agree.

Hi, what happens when you open more then one Canon CR2 File in Stand Alone Modus? Do you see thumbnails in the lower left corner?
I don´t (Win10) and reported this issue a few time.

Regards,
Ulrich

1 Like

If I hover over the currently selected thumbnail in the bottom left corner the popout says it’s using motion blur @ 7% while the right hand column says it’s using standard:

If I then select motion blur in the right hand column then it selects 35% (in this example) and that is reflected in the popup:

It also seems that in the first image shown above that the popup is showing the actual sharpening that has been applied - you can see a clear difference between the two versions.

1 Like

First example not great. Second awful. It has found chromatic aberration and amplified it to the max, embossed out all edges. Sharpen module is so broken.

1 Like

Hi

Another one can’t update to new version on Windows 11. The update erased old version and the new msi show me the same error message

“Unable to open an Internet connection. Verify connectivity before retryng”

Now I can’t use software :frowning:

Regards

Hello team, I hope you are all doing well :slight_smile:
I was trying topaz AI the new downloaded version and wanted to share some results…
Is there any mask as with DeNoise where I can substract the effects?
I see quite a bit of fringing, and some odd stuff in the lines produced by the AUTOPILOT, have tried with Auto off, but it just does the same .
My photo was a Tiff file, I didn’t use any other profile than Autopilot, and then just tried with one mode at a time , and aftwards working with all the different options.

So, I hope you may see the issues of strange fringes, lines, etc I am seeing.
Thanking you in advance
Best,
Daniela from Uruguay.

2 Likes

I have noticed none of the topaz products, i.e. topaz photo ai v.1.0.5 or denoise or sharpen (standalone) support my leica q2m dng files, it throws an error at opening

Sorry Topaz but I will have to go back to Sharpen AI and DeNoise AI. Without being able to adjust/refine a mask with an adjustment brush Photo AI is a non-starter. Subject selection is very poor compared to the previous products.

Come on. You know you can do it.

Norman

6 Likes