Topaz Photo AI v1.0.1

No longer automatically up scaling all my images on autopilot; I have to manually select on EACH of my 200 photos then wait to load each one THEN click enhance. Didn’t have to before.
1794 x 1024 images, 2 - 3.5 MB to start. This is going to take all day and defeats the entire purpose of my purchase. No way to automatically upscale my batch of images whereas before these same size images were. Yes my auto upscale is checked and on so that’s not the problem. How to waste $200…

Autopilot must be broken if it’s not auto upscaling images no matter the setting allow auto being checked or not, after this project will have to try reinstalling photo ai and try again. Was fine before my newest update. Maybe that’ll fix

Okay restarted everything and now it’s working fine. Trying 133 photos and the past couple days it never selects sharpen of any amount on autopilot; my first batches of 100s of photos sharpen was a common selection.

1 Like

wINDOWS11 32G GPU RTX3060 STANDALONE
I have the last Nividia Driver and GeExperience
Somebody else told that the GPU is only working at low level . Other AI like sharpen AI are making the GPU working at high level
I am seeing that inside Nividia Ge Experience Photo AI cannot be listed as you can see so I don’t known if it is optimizing the GPU usage ? all other Topaz AI are listed
Is that a Nvidia or a Topaz problem ? Nvidia is claiming it’s compatible with Photo AI ?

Open nef file in Ps>cntrl J-Layer 1 >Filters >Topaz Labs >TPAI opens >You are evoking a Topaz Filter-, “TO RETURN TO THE HOST EDITOR COMPLETE OR TERMINATE THE PLUGIN” >Then TPAI starts processing>Completes processing-I made no changes>Then I selected Save to Adobe Photoshop>A box with “Queue Adobe Photoshop” Image>Processes>Photoshop Opens>the File opens as it was sent…an NEF file …should it have saved to a dng or maybe a psd file?..it comes back to Ps as it left…where are the suffixes that were on TPAI 1.0.0?? Unless I check on a 200% magnification, I really don’t know if TPAI made the changes, no indicators or indications than TPAI was used…must check every time. I have tried to explain the best I know…this 1.0.1 is not working for me or this is the correct action…I can’t decide unless there are some directions…BTW, I checked Dave Kelly’s Youtube to see if he had made a video of the 1.0.1 Version… to see if he had any update news…SADLY he did not…
thank you William

You got suffixes when you saved from the PAI plugin to a Ps layer (in rel. 1.0)? I never got suffixes unless I saved from the PAI standalone. I use Ps 2022 plugin on Win 11…

I always have to zoom in to see the changes. I assumed that if I could see the changes too obviously at normal size that would mean I went overboard with the settings. I also thought that how the image is sent to PAI when using the plugin (tiff, jpg…) was how it would be returned to the Ps layer.

It’s still a work in progress. Overall, I’m ok with it as is but it could be better. I am a bird photographer and the selection mode certainly needs work on the finer parts. If there’s a branch behind the bird, it can be even worse, thinking that the branch is part of the bird.

For a 1.0 product, it’s pretty darn good, but to get better results, the standalone products still set the bar.

When you send a layer to a plug-in, that layer is updated and returned. The plug-in does not create a new image.

If you want a new image use as a standalone and save as another type as RAW files cannot be updated because they are proprietary to camera manufacturers.

1 Like

I am trying the demo of Photo AI and I do like how everything is there. However, with images like the butterfly I have both Remove Noise and sharpen on the subject is needed. The autopilot only turns on the noise reduction. Turn I can turn on the sharpening, but the butterfly’s right wing is out of focus (DOF) but near the body Sharpen AI did a good job auto detecting and sharpening where it could. the auto detecting did work in Photo AI once I turned it on. Also, in this photo Sharpen worked both with sharping and noise, the remove noise was not really needed. This a new project so just things I noticed. I will purchase anyway, it can be useful even though I do have the full set of products

Welcome!

Check your Topaz account to see if you already qualify for Photo AI.

Yes, like PnP said above - if you own all the products and have an up-to-date upgrade plan, you don’t have to purchase PAI. You’re entitled to it for free. As he also noted, check your acct page for how to activate your free version.

I have sharpen, denoise, gigapixel and mask which I am not sure if Photo AI includes. I see a discounted price so I am missing something. But that is ok, I don’t mind a discount. I do a lot of insect photography and sometimes I am not sure the best tool to use which why I was interested in the product. One question I have since the demo does not save back to Photoshop, is Photo AI basically a filter because I use Smart Objects a lot in PS

You are in the same boat I am, but I do insects. the stand-alone seem to have more options, sharpen AI comes to mind. I would like to see these added in future updates

If you have an active upgrade plan and own those other products (SAI, DAI, GAI - mask isn’t relevant) you get PAI for free! No sense paying for it until you have to.

You can use PAI either Standalone or as a Plugin to other host programs - Ps, Lr for sure; I think also Affinity, ON1, probably others too.

In Ps, it’s accessible under the Filter menu. You can’t directly work with Raw images using the Ps plugin. The Raw doesn’t get sent to PAI from inside Ps. Also, the Ps PAI plugin currently doesn’t support upsizing (Adobe doesn’t let filters change image sizes). Topaz may do something about that in future. I have no way to know…

If you want to upscale images or denoise, etc Raw images, use the Standalone.

I haven’t sent Smart Objects to PAI. But files I process with the Plugin return to the Ps layer okay.

Gigapixel was not up to date so that is why I am seeing the price for Photo AI. I think the photo AI price for me includes updating Gigapixel AI but I need to check tomorrow with customer service because I would want to update that stand alone as well

1 Like

radiant photo does look very similar/familiar. i see what prompted your suggestion for PAI.

I would like to see the mask function back in this AI so I can refine the image myself. This is really a key thing I need so for now I would switch back to manually adjustments is the sharpen software. An other thing I would like to see is that you can set you preferances for the autopilot this is an function I can’t find at the moment.

Greetings,
Kevin Hollmann

3 Likes

Use the coupon here! Good until 10/7

Radiant is doing a great job with the auto image correction. I did some quick comparison between their noise reduction and Topaz’ and of course Topaz won :wink:

Once ON1 releases their latest in October I will do a shootout among these apps (especially enlarging and noise reduction). I already know Topaz (Gigapixel, Photo AI) do the best job with image enlargement, at least the last time I did the comparison.

[I almost typed Gigapizza and it made me hungry :wink: ]

3 Likes

There used to be a TV show called “Ginormous Food” - your GigaPizza would qualify…

So far I’ve gotten better results with the Topaz offerings than with ON1’s. Their mktg hyperbole didn’t live up to (at least my) results…