I want to Congratulate everyone with Official release of Photo AI !
Thank you Anthony.lawn, as you can see on pictures below, after update from PAI 0.10.2 to PAI 1.0, my Capture One 21, finally, have that “Process with Topaz Photo AI” option, you were writing in reply to my post.
Now PAI, after processing file, give me an option to “Save to Editor”, but not just Editor, Editor with its own name, Capture One. That a nice small thing, but a very pleasant one.
Metadata, on return to C1, as you said, will be unchanged, and it is. Thank you!
- After processing some pictures today, with PAI-1, here is my summary:
1 - Well written, with beautiful UI that get to the final release, fully automated Program, with manual control options, by combining three application in one, save me great deal of time and efforts, and give me pleasure to use it.
2 - PAI now is my second step in my editing workflow.
- Capture One levelled and crop an image, and send to PAI.
- PAI processed and return back to C1.
- Use another great Plug-In for cleaning and removing unwanted objects.
- Finish editing in Capture One.
- That’s it.
I use another programs, for some creative work, like Bokeh, Portrait background & Sky replacement etc.
- Features & improvements I would like to see in a future updates. Some of them were mentioned by many people on the that forum:
1 - Masking brush, to add or erase part of the mask from some distant faces, that PAI can’t recognize, or unable to enhance, and making them unpleasantly scary looking.
- In that case, I use PHZ8 for enlargement, but without great NR & SH that I like very much in PAI.
2 - Program, with Auto & NR On, made out of focus, part of the background trees sharp. Turning on sharpness, for some reason, cure that, but not completely
3 - On my Mac Studio Ultra, PAI processed files longer, then before, making Topaz Labs claim of performance improvement on M1 Macs questionable, but at the same time, if PAI needs more time for better output quality, I will take my request back.
4 - With Auto & Nose On, after processing, PAI produced on distant forest trees, some wiped out spots, or mush patches. See pictures above.
- At the same time, amazingly gentle NR on the clouds in dim situations, on many of my pictures, not remove even slightest part of the faded out, barely visible, almost transparent, edges of the clouds.
5 - How to get your new, nice, Topaz like, PAI Ikon? I have previous, black with letters EA. I used dowloaded file from this page to update, and didn’t use app’s update button. Restarting computer didn’t help.