As has been the trend, we have another weekly update full of changes! This week’s update contains a couple experimental features we’d really appreciate your feedback on.
- For RAW images, we’ve added “Basic Adjustments” for color and lighting correction. These do not have Autopilot (yet?) and are currently very basic. Please test this with your raw workflow and let us know if these functions are useful in TPAI. Depending on your feedback, we may improve it, rework it, or remove it for the first release.
- We’re also feeling out a new feature related to image quality. Images will be shown an image quality score with a percentage that represents how much your image improved. This is a very experimental score, so please give us your feedback on both how accurate and how helpful it is to you.
If you own DeNoise, Sharpen, and Gigapixel with up-to-date licenses then you have access to Photo AI. You will need to claim a Photo AI license by going to your account before you’ll be able to login.
This is an early access release, so there will be some issues you may run across. Issue reports and general feedback are much appreciated. If there’s a specific image you’d like us to see, you can send it to us at this dropbox link. Below the changelog are a list of issues we’re already aware of.
Changes since 0.7.2:
- Makernotes data now taken into account when determining an image’s colorspace
- Improved camera profiles handling for RAW images
- New RAW adjustments filter
- Added image quality improvement display to preview
- File list now scrolls with a vertical scrollwheel
- Installer automatically installs plugin files for Photoshop Elements, Corel Painter, Corel PaintShop Pro, Affinity Photo, and ON1 Photo RAW now
- Several other tweaks with photoshop plugins and external editors, such as more accurate “Save to X” buttons
- Added prompt on windows when loading images with invalid paths
- Fixed preview not being updated after an export finishes
- Fixed subject sometimes being marked as detected, when there wasn’t one
- Fixed plugin modes treating autopilot as if it had already finished on image load
- Fixed plugin crashing some host editors (like ON1 Photo RAW and Corel Painter)
- Fix black preview issue when LUT isn’t available
- Fixed caching issue with exporting images with DCP profiles
- Image Quality assessment is slow
- When exporting images, Image Quality assessment is erroneously running