Topaz Photo AI v0.7

Mac Mini M1 16G Ram latest Monterey… 12.5.1

Both standalone and from LR plugin… There is no Preview… PAI thinks everything is fine…and is indicating updating etc… and the warning about saving upon Exit, but PAI is NOT displaying the Preview of the image…

I see other posters referring to this as “black screen”…

We’re pretty much dead in the water until a fix is either posted or the next release…

Same issues with the mouse

On my w10 machine, Nvidia surround is off, but I also get the black screen . The cause must be elsewhere.

I think mine is unchecked or not?

Well I don’t do any gaming but just wondering what it does, Also I think mine was off anyways so I don’t know.

Thank you, i copied from Denoise AI and modified my post.

I tried even jpeg but still black screen but there are others with window machines that don’t have this issue, But for right now I can’t use Version 0.7.

Hi everyone - for the black/blank screen, did you update from within the app or did you use the full installer to install 0.7.0? If we receive more logs for it, that’d be be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks for that log. About how long are you waiting before you force close the installer?

Also, do you have any models from a previous install? The log seems to indicate it’s validating previously installed models during the time where it appears to be frozen.

8GB- everything was working fine with the previous version v0.6 and haven’t made any changes to my system. Will send log to yazi.saradest.

1 Like

Hi. I have black screen problem too. Windows 10/ NVIDIA 1070 (up to date Studio Driver)/ 8 GB vRAM. Installed using full installer; uninstalled and re-installed. Then tried repairing. Everything worked fine (better than fine!) with v0.6 and I’ve made no system changes since.
2022-08-19-15-51-3.tzlog (100.0 KB)

1 Like

Yes, I reported there was a problem with it because if you applied manual settings on the first image of a batch of images and selected ‘apply settings to all’ it would just run autopilot on all the other images and ignore any manual settings from the first image.

So instead of giving an option to disable autopilot, they removed the option entirely, which doesn’t seem like much of a ‘fix’. I like the results I get with scale 2x and enhance natural, but there is no way to apply those settings to a batch of images as it stands.

2 Likes

Yaz… I completely remove the old version and do a full install… do you want logs for that?

same on iMac with Monterey 12.5 and 12.5.1

I have updated Topaz Photo AI to v0.7 & updated to the latest version of Photoshop v23.5 but when I try to use Topaz Photo AI as a plugin in Photoshop, Topaz Photo AI crashes every time.

Hi everyone - we have a release candidate build with a potential fix for the blank/black screen that some Windows users are running into here. Would you mind trying it out and letting us know if it resolves the issue for you?

Windows build: 0.7.1 RC1

Thank you.

The black display problem is a monitor color profile issue.

The default ICC profile for my monitor(s) was generated by Calibrite ccStudio (previously x-rite). If I change the default profile to sRGB or one supplied with the monitor Photo AI shows the image.

0.7.1 RC1 does not fix the problem. I attach the ICM profile from one of my monitors.
BenQ PD3200U1_09-08-2022.zip (9.6 KB)

I should add 0.6 did not have this problem.

Further update. I have two Benq PD3200U monitors. When I set the default profile to sRGB on monitor 1 Photo AI works when it opens on monitor 1 or 2. It looks like Photo AI is using the profile from monitor 1 regardless of which monitor it is actually displaying on - that would be a bug,

2 Likes

Hi Yazi. Sorry- 0.7.1 doesn’t work for me either. Tried:

1. Installing over the top of 0.7.- did not work, hung on scanning photo for long enough for me to close the program. Uninstalled , restarted
  2. Re-downloaded and installed - did not work but went though autopilot successfully and saved an improved image. I opened another image and both showed at the bottom as thumbnails. Uninstalled and restarted.
  3. Paused antivirus and repeated step 2- same outcome. Log file attached.

2022-08-19-18-13-24.tzlog (353.2 KB)

Don’t know much about Monitor Color Profiles (ref Anony.Mouse) but will investigate them!

1 Like

Did not help!!

1 Like

I changed both my monitor back to default monitor profile. It works have profiles used by istudio cal software for screen cal.