Topaz Photo AI not loading file with the same name when cached

When reloading files with the same name, Topaz Photo AI will not load the file (changed file) with the same name, but instead loading from cache when a file with the same name is loaded a second time.

e.g. I loaded a photo DSC3594.dng into Photo AI and processed the file. Then I decide to make some changes to the DSC3594.dng with another app, then reload it into Photo AI for processing.
Photo AI will load the DSC3594.dng from the FIRST time (I am assuming from cache) and not the edited DSC3594.dng that came after.
I did clear out and removed the previous file from the list menu, but Photo AI still loaded the first file instead of the second edited file.
The only way to fix this right now is to close and remove Topaz Photo AI from system memory and restarting the APP.

Please set Photo AI to clear the cache after the photo has been removed from the file menu list.
Otherwise it is very annoying to exit the app and restart it every time I make edits to files with the same name. THANK YOU!

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Step 1
    Load a photo, process the photo then remove it from the list.
  2. Step 2
    Make an adjustment to the SAME photo with the same file name and load it into Photo AI again.
  3. Step 3
    The photo displayed in Photo AI will be exactly the same as the FIRST photo in Step 1 and NOT the photo (edited) from Step 2.

Topaz Photo AI [v2.4.0] on [MacOS Sonoma 14.2.1 ]
Apple MBP M1 MAX

Please follow the instructions below to perform a clean install to better troubleshoot why you had this problem with Topaz Photo AI:

Start by clearing any previous plist files that are on your computer for Topaz Photo AI by following the steps in the link below:

Topaz Photo AI | plist Files Mac

After you have done this, disable any antivirus, firewall, VPN, or proxy software that might be active on your computer. These tools are sometimes known to interfere with the installer’s ability to download the model files.

Please also ensure that the Topaz Photo AI installer has all the proper settings in your system by going to your Mac System Settings > Privacy & Security tab and scrolling down to the security section. You will want to make sure you have 'App Store and identified developers ’ selected. Here is a video example:

Example of Proper System Preferences

Finally, rerun the installer. You can download a new installer from the downloads page directly :

Topaz Labs Download Page

Let me know how that goes for you and I’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.