Topaz Photo AI: Autopilot for Image Quality

So Gigapixel is dead ? or Topaz Labs will be support Gigapixel and Photo AI ?

I would suggest it is not dead as you need to have up to date copies in order to run Photo AI, as noted in the first post in this thread.

What is your point?

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Topaz Photo AI v1.0

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Topaz Photo AI v1.0

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Topaz Photo AI v1.0

This looks really promissing !
Good work, good idea.

PS:
I appreciate how you accompany your customers.
Your staff and your company are an idol, how a business relationship should look like.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Topaz Photo AI v1.0

I think by dead they mean getting future improvements, given Gigapixel supports some things PhotoAI does not and is much easier/faster/reliable to use if you only need the functionality of Gigapixel.

I still mostly use Gigapixel as the majority of the time it does as good or a better job. You learn what models are better for different sources and its clear what is going on. Autopilot while a great idea, makes everything a lot harder when it doesn’t work. I still find Gigapixel the majority of the time is better at denoising than PhotoAIs denoise model.

Its only when you need to change focus on the image that PhotoAI really shines as Sharpen and Gigapixel rarely seem to give good results when used back to back.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Topaz Photo AI v1.0.0

it does do a good job of noise reduction not tried it on anything with fine detail yet but i am a little sad that it wont load saved files from studio 2 if you save a PS file you can still open it in LR something for the future? it would mean you dont need to have somany copies of the same image
JJ

Save as a TIFF, PSD is a proprietary Adobe format. Then you will be able to open in ALL applications.

Don’t think you understood my reply I’m not using PS don’t have it, I have purchased a copy of Topaz studio 2 I was saying it’s a shame I can’t use the studio 2 saved file as opposed to generating a jpeg first the running that through photo AI

What type of file are you saving from Studio 2? TIFF/TIF, PNG, JPEG/JPG?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Topaz Photo AI v1.0.1