Topaz Photo AI 2.4.0 and later title does not appear in menu Bar

This is a simple bug that started with 4.2.0 and persists thru 4.2.2. On my Windows 11 machine, the Photo AI title with version # does NOT appear on the Menu Bar at the top of the screen or anywhere else on the screen. I have to go to the Help Menu and open About to see the version. Is this a new “feature” or a bug?

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Open Photo AI
  2. Step 2
  3. Step 3

Topaz Photo AI [v4.2.2 on Windows 11

This sounds like this may be an issue that has occurred during the installation process as you should have the version number at the top of your applications window.

Please make sure you’ve also turned off any firewall, VPN, or proxy that may be on your computer. These are known to block the installation.

Also, make sure no settings configuration in your Windows system could interfere.

Try using the following link to update:

Topaz Photo AI | Windows Installer

Let me know if that works for you and I’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

After verifying that my computer would allow a clean installation (no active VPN, etc.), I used the link you provided to reinstall Photo AI 2.4.2. The installation went smoothly. When I opened the app, however, the title still does not appear in the Menu Bar. Note that since 2.4.0 when the title first disappeared, the app itself has worked fine. Note also that I always keep my computer up to date.
Any other ideas.

Would you mind sending in a screenshot of your application window so I can share this with the team.

Also please send me your system profile information so we have the best understanding of the machine this is occurring on:

You can securely submit your files(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Please be sure to send me a note here to let me know you sent something.

John, I sent to your Dropbox the 2 files you requested.

I wasn’t able to locate those files in my Dropbox please reach out to us at the following link:

Topaz Labs | Support Page

John,
Before starting from scratch on the Support Page, I just re-sent the files to your Dropbox. If that doesn’t work again this time, I’ll go to the support Page.
Ed

Thanks for sending in that screenshot and information. The title bar with the file information and version number will appear after you have imported your images.

Thanks John. I did notice that this past weekend (after sending you the files). It’s a little strange that the title bar doesn’t appear until you open an image (where it becomes part of the image title bar), but that’s fine, the app itself works fine.
Thanks again,
Ed

1 Like