Topaz Gigapixle AI v 7.2.0 does not work after upgrading from 6.3.3

I upgraded to Gigapixel v7.2.0 from v6.3.3 . After installation the program will not execute. I can double click the alias and nothing happens. I can double click the application in programs but nothing happens. What can I do. I can’t even tell Topaz Labs about my problem.

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Step 1 Purchased Topaz Gigapixel 7.2.0 to upgrade from 6.3.3
  2. Step 2 Installed the program and asked for it to be executed on finish.
  3. Step 3 Tried to execute program. No response, no log!

Topaz Gigapixle v 7.2.0

It sounds like you are experiencing a known conflict in Gigapixel v7 that has impacted some Windows users lately.

To resolve this, please follow these specific steps to remove your registry, delete your Gigapixel folders, and reinstall Gigapixel:

1. Delete the Topaz Gigapixel AI folders in the paths below by right-clicking the folder and selecting “delete.”

***Windows Add or Remove Programs will not work since previous versions of Gigapixel did not include an uninstaller.

• C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC
  • C:\ProgramData\Topaz Labs LLC

***Windows intentionally hides the ProgramData folder on your machine. Please paste the paths into the File Explorer.

1. Open “Registry Editor” from your Start menu and delete the Topaz Gigapixel AI registry entry in the path below by right-clicking the folder and clicking “Delete.”
  • Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Gigapixel AI

Video instructions for steps 1 and 2 can be found here.

1. Restart your machine and download a fresh installer for Gigapixel from our Topaz Labs Download Page.

2. Once downloaded, open Gigapixel as a standalone and ensure it functions correctly.

Let me know if this helps.

I have at least 8 Topaz apps installed under C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC
and you instruct to delete the parent directory “Topaz Labs LLC” of all of those apps ?
Holy cow.
Does Topaz have a list of all my License Keys that I will need after I reinstall all of them?

The instructions are not telling you to delete the ‘Topaz Labs LLC’ folder. They are telling you to to delete the ‘Gigapixel AI’ folders in those main folders.

If you have your account login details (which you should have) then you’ve got what you need, but you won’t need to reinstall all your programs if you follow what the instructions actually say.

1 Like

You will need to remove the Gigapixel folder found in the Topaz Labs LLC folder.

1. Delete the Topaz Gigapixel AI folders in the paths below by right-clicking the folder and selecting “delete.”

***Windows Add or Remove Programs will not work since previous versions of Gigapixel did not include an uninstaller.

• C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC
  • C:\ProgramData\Topaz Labs LLC

Hi Brad!
Were you able to get v7.2.0 up and running?

Please submit a ticket with our Support team and we can communicate with you more directly to help troubleshoot your conflict if it is still occuring.

Esther,

I think this email of yours was intended for someone else.

Happy Monday!

Randy Powell
N2 Communications, Inc.
817 W. 2nd Street
Wichita, KS 67203
316-265-4231
n2business@aol.com

oh whoops! Thanks Randall!

Were you able to get 7.2.0 from 6.3.3 running though?

We have 7.2.2 out as our newest version.

7.2.0 is running fine. It took a few tries, but it finally installed.

Thanks for asking.

Randy Powell
N2 Communications, Inc.
817 W. 2nd Street
Wichita, KS 67203
316-265-4231
n2business@aol.com

1 Like