Topaz Adjust One time setup for presets not completing

Trying to evoke Topaz adjust for the first time in Lightroom CC. The plugin opened, and the dialogue came up saying it was running the “one time setup for presets.” That has been running for about 45 minutes, now. All other plugins open and the one time setup flashes by quickly and I can start editing. Not so with Adjust.

I’ve downloaded the latest version, uninstalled and reinstalled, and no change.

I tried the plugins in Photoshop CC, with the same outcome.

Thanks,

Try running this utility for Adjust:

https://support.topazlabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/216197647

Gave that a try. Still no luck.

I have tried loading Adjust from Lightroom, Photoshop, and Topaz Studio, all with the same results. The dialogue box says it’s running the one time setup for presets, and progress bar scrolls indefinitely.

I also completely uninstalled all Topaz plugins, deleted all the folders, and reinstalled, and the same thing happens.

I’m running Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron notebook.

Thanks,

It’s possible you do not have the permission needed for the %localappdata% folder, where the presets are stored. Can you please try manually moving the necessary folder, by following these steps:

1. Open Windows Explorer
  2. Select the address bar
  3. Type %localappdata%, then press Enter
  4. Navigate to C:\Users\ [your-username]\AppData\Local\Topaz Labs\Topaz Adjust 5\
  5. Delete the Presets folder
  6. In a new Windows Explorer window, navigate to C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs\Topaz Adjust 5\
  7. Copy the Presets folder, then paste it into the location in Step 4
  8. Launch Adjust 5 again

This is the full extent of what the utility does. If you cannot complete one of these steps, it will tell us why the utility failed to work for you.

Worked like a charm.

Thank you

1 Like

I am having exactly the same problem with my 2017 iMac with a fully updated Sierra. Adjust 5.2 has been installing presets for over half an hour following an upgtrade from 5.1.

1 Like

Please use the utility here.

https://support.topazlabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/216197647

I am having exactly the same problem with my 2017 iMac with a fully updated EL CAPITAN. Adjust 5.2 has been installing presets for over half an hour following an Upgtrade from 5.1.
WHERE ARE THE PRESETS IN MAC OS ???

I am having exactly the same problem with my 2017 iMac with a fully updated EL CAPITAN. Adjust 5.2 has been installing presets for over half an hour following an Upgtrade from 5.1.
WHERE ARE THE PRESETS IN MAC OS ???