Topaz 3.01 hangs after export back to LR classic

3.01 hangs after exporting back to LR. I get a beachball that stays preventing use of LR. Using force quit reveals that Topaz 3.01 is not responding. Once I force Topaz AI 3.01 to quit the beachball goes away and LR works. The tif file generated by Topaz is however visible in LR. Latest MacOS 14.4.1 running on a MBP M1 Max.

1 Like

This is similar to what I am experiencing in PS. I hope Topaz will step up its game.

I’d like to get some more information to help troubleshoot the problem you are having.

Could you send us your computer’s full system profile?

Also if you can, please try to recreate this crash in Topaz Photo AI, then go to Help > Open Log Folder, please send me all of the files within that folder. You should be able to attach them directly as a response to this thread.

If you would prefer you can securely submit your files(s) to my Dropbox using the link below. Make sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something. :slight_smile:

Dropbox File Request

I am having the same issue.
iMac System Profile.spx (5.5 MB)

2024-05-02-16-53-51.tzlog (22.7 KB)
2024-05-02-16-47-38.tzlog (25 KB)

Hi John,

I’ve uploaded all the files to your dropbox link. To reproduce the hang, I grabbed 3 sony raw files in Lightroom while in the library mode and then selected edit in Topaz Photo AI. 3 Tifs were created and then the Topaz windows opens. I checked select all, then applied my preset followed by hitting the export button at the bottom right of the window. The first file finished processing but Topaz hung on the second approximately a third of the way through it. In fact it still is hung as I’m typing this.

What I’ve NOT been able to do is recreate the hang on a single selected photo from the LR develop mode, where I select edit in Topaz Photo AI. That process gets all the way through processing and after hitting export the Topaz window goes away but I’m left in LR with a beachball running and no ability to do anything. Only way out is to do a force quit, its windows pops up showing that Topaz is not responding. I select that and force quit. Afterwards LR beachball goes away, the TIF file with Topaz edits is visible and LR works normally. It appears Topaz isn’t completely ending with a positive hand back to LR. Not certain the above scenario (first paragraph) can be attributed to this issue or not, but as I said I haven’t been able to reproduce this particular issue after 5 attempts.

Matt

Matt Schlotzhauer
Photographer
mschlotz.com Indy Eleven Photo

Same here - happened last night to me after editing in Photo AI and saving back to Lightroom Classic. Haven’t otherwise seen a beachball in ages!

Same here - started happening today while using Photo AI 3.0.1 in Lightroom Classic 13.2. Has not happened before.

Not realizing a thread had been started here, I asked a general question about this very bug earlier this morning (May 5). I am having the same problem only it causes not only Photo AI to hang but LR as well and I have to back door in to force quit both of them.

This is exactly what has been happening with me. Oddly enough it does not happen when I revert back to using Sharpen AI or the amazing (and sadly discontinued) Studio. These last few Photo AI “updates” have been problematic for a lot of people.

Same problem with CaptureOne. Topaz hang and must be cancelled. Next time it works for a while (1 or 2 images). the it’s stopped working again.

Then it hangs forever. I need to kill Topaz process. After that
Знімок екрана 2024-04-26 о 15.30.18

crash.txt (3.7 MB)
Logs.zip (138.3 KB)

MacBook Pro.spx (7.0 MB)

Topaz Photo AI [v3.0.1] on [MacOS 14.4.1]

I downgraded to Topaz Photo AI [v3.0.0] Mac. Seems works fine. So it’s a regression in v3.0.1

1 Like

Please follow the instructions below to perform a clean install to better troubleshoot why you had this problem with Topaz Photo AI:

First please make sure that you have your Lightroom application fully closed before proceeding.

Start by clearing any previous plist files that are on your computer for Topaz Photo AI by following the steps in the link below:

Topaz Photo AI | plist Files Mac

After you have done this, disable any antivirus, firewall, VPN, or proxy software that might be active on your computer. These tools are sometimes known to interfere with the installer’s ability to download the model files.

Please also ensure that the Topaz Photo AI installer has all the proper settings in your system by going to your Mac System Settings > Privacy & Security tab and scrolling down to the security section. You will want to make sure you have 'App Store and identified developers ’ selected. Here is a video example:

Example of Proper System Preferences

Finally, rerun the installer. You can download a new installer from the downloads page directly :

Topaz Labs Download Page

Let me know how that goes for you and I’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Topaz AI 3.01 will not export to either LRC or PS. The application just hangs.

1 Like

UPDATE: I deleted my preference file son my Mac and restarted and still cannot export an image. In it current state this software is useless to me.

1 Like

+Anche a me non riesce a caricare la foto va in crash. Ho provato anche a installare di nuovo

@dclawyer-680146
I’d like to get some more information to help troubleshoot the problem you are having.

Could you send us your computer’s full system profile?

Also if you can, please try to recreate this issue while working with Topaz Photo AI, then go to Help > Open Log Folder, please send me all of the files within that folder. You should be able to attach them directly as a response to this thread.

If you would prefer you can securely submit your files(s) to my Dropbox using the link below. Make sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something. :slight_smile:

Dropbox File Request

Thank you for your response. I have decided to cancel my subscription. Your software is more trouble than it it is worth to me.

DHE_MBPRo.spx (8.2 MB)

I uploaded the system information to see if you will help me.