Topaz 2 Update Failed - Disappointing

I just got the Topaz 2 Update and it crashed during install. Worse, it deleted the last version of Topaz 2 which was working fine. Disappointing.

I know its a tad after the fact: set a Restore Point whenever you are doing comprehensive instals like this. Going back then is never any trouble!

Sorry to hear of your bad experience! :frowning:

Thank you but too late now. Do you know what I need to do to get Topaz 2 back again?

Do you mean an older version? Or the current version 2.2.0?

Just reinstall again and it should be OK.

I have a surface pro 7 currently and I can’t get any of the newer versions to work. Studio 2 loads but when I try to open a photo is shuts down. Its very upsetting, I had a Surface 4 that it worked on and also a surface 7. Thank the gods I have a desktop. By any chance, does anyone know where the old list of compatable graphic cards or which graphic cards work for the programs?

Technical requirements are listed on the Topaz Labs website …

My Surface Pro 4 crashed initially, but Topaz worked to get compatibility with its Iris graphics. Its been well over a year and no problems. I cannot vouch for a 7th gen Surface, my own is a 5th gen Surface 4.

Well I got my answer Surface 7 does not work with Studio 2 need a dedicated graphics card. So I uninstalled all the AI programs but now I also can’t get the legacy plugins to work with Photoshop2020 on the surface, going to try and see if they will work with PS19. Fingers Crossed. thank god I have a desktop too.

1 Like

Hi @MichelleP214,

I also an owner of Surface pro 7 and got the same issue.
But currently I find a root cause of an issue. The root cause is built-it color profile of Surface Pro.
So you should solve an issue by crate a new color profile and use it as a default instead.

Hope this solution will works for your surface pro

1 Like