Topaz 2.2.2 PhotoAI denoise function is generating rainbow artifact

Topaz 2.2.2 PhotoAI denoise function is generating rainbow artifact. This photo was shot at ISO 2200 and had a little noise but denoise was initially turned off. When I turned it on I see the artifacts. This is a picture of a bird and has a lot of fine feather detail.

Windows 10

Topaz Photo AI [v1.x.x] on [Windows/Mac]

Don;t forget to upload the photo.

Should I upload the raw file?

Not unless support asks.

Would you mind sending in some more information to get a better understanding of the problem you are having with this particular type of image? Please send the following information:

1. The original image file.
  2. The processed image.
  3. A screenshot or description of the settings panel so I can see what adjustments were turned on.

You can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Dropbox File Request

Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

You can reach out to us on our Support Page for more direct communication at the following link:

Topaz Labs | Support Page

John, I’ve uploaded the .NEF file, the .TIF, and a screenshot of the PhotoAI denoise settings. Let me know if you need anything else. I don’t think I mentioned this earlier but I’m working from Lightroom and using the Edit In > Topaz Photo AI function.

Tom

Thanks for sending in those images. I was not able to reproduce these artifacts you were reporting, however I was making these edits with the most recent update.

To troubleshoot this issue I would like to try updating you to the most recent version release to see if this resolves the issue.

Please make sure you’ve also turned off any firewall, VPN, or proxy that may be on your computer. These are known to block the installation. Also, make sure there are no settings or configurations in your OS system that could interfere.

Try using the appropriate OS system link to update:

If you are still experiencing problems, please reach out to us at the following link:

Topaz Labs | Support Page

I reinstalled using your link. I’m still seeing the same result. Note that the Autopilot did not identify the image as needing denoise - only sharpening. The rainbow effect only shows up when I turn Denoise on with the toggle switch.

This topic was automatically closed after 59 days. New replies are no longer allowed.