Today is "D-Day" for Windows 7

I’m sure it will be fine! It’s just “old dogs, new tricks” & re-learning how to find stuff.

The 1st thing I had to figure out how to change was it added dark top borders & thick, dark frames to all my pop-ups (launched programs). I hated that, so switched to the “light” theme. But now find it hard to read the stored ops I’ve added to the Start area (to make them easier to find like they were in Win 7…) - the text and boxes for those stored funcs. are now washed out and hard to read - didn’t know if there’s a selective way to fix that). I also developed an issue w/in a day of the Win 10 update in which I lost all Audio and had to roll back drivers, which caused an error msg permanently on the screen about it. After a Web search & more tricky settings I’m hoping that’s now fixed too.

I’m sure it will be cool once I adjust!! If it makes the PC operate faster that would be great.

My better half pulled out an old, unused laptop & tried to update it to Win 10 too on a lark. It acted like it was gonna do it, then failed.

Happy New Year!

1 Like

What are they?!? (Just kidding… I worked in IT back in the [mumble, mumble, interference on the line])

Don’t you know that learning new stuff will keep you young, but I do understand what you are saying. I’m no spring chicken, just another boomer.
Happy New Year and I hope you get all your PC issues fixed

1 Like

I’m trying to use that philosophy to go backwards in time, regularly!!! I just watched a bunch of Web tutorials & started trying to create cinemagraphs for the 1st time using Plotaverse/Plotagraph in the past week. Apparently they have a morphing function too but I don’t typically shoot portraits, so don’t have a selection of faces I can play around with morphing from one to another.

The PC OS etc. will work out. It’s a mental complement to going to the gym!

1 Like