Today is "D-Day" for Windows 7

Remember …

4 Likes

I’m still on XP so this doesn’t affect me. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

LOL, funnest thing I have heard all morning. :smile::smile::smile:

2 Likes

The important thing to remember about Windows XP is that Microsoft has not supported it since 2014. How can I use Windows XP safely now it's no longer supported? | Computing | The Guardian

Make sure you have good maleware and security.

P.S. Yes I do understand sarcasm - and appreciate good humor

1 Like

Does this affect me? I’m on Windows ME

2 Likes

I’m on MS-DOS :smiley:

4 Likes

I would be but I can’t figure out where to insert the 7 floppy disks to install it

2 Likes

Windows 7 must be really old, I have a Windows 98 disc.

3 Likes

I found NT 3.5 same as russel anybody remember floppies they fly and are good for birds

1 Like

I my have some old floppies around, I finally donated my XP machine three months ago. Funny thing after XP was discontinued I disconnect it form the internet, and without all the upgrades it was fast running without any issues.

I like to run old versions in VMWare just for the nostalgia!!!

I have a Commodore 64 in the basement.

1 Like

We apologize but unfortunately the graphics card on a Commodore 64 doesn’t have enough RAM to support your Topaz Products. I highly recommend upgrading your system to a TRS-80 for a better experience.

3 Likes

I have a USB floppy drive that still worked last time I tried it. Just in case!

I guess that means your software won’t run on my Timex/Sinclair 1000 either. :frowning_woman:

Only recently parted with my punched tape from undergrad days (Alpha code) for the ICL 1900 series - I guess that was a good move because there’s no Topaz version for those either

1 Like

That was a good one Terry. :smile: It brings to mind the old days of punch card machines for programs and punched tapes to control printer output. Thanks for jogging those memories.

2 Likes

One of my housemates (post-Doctoral student) was doing research into AI … so that is not new. He was from Ukraine, and even in those days (1960s) independence and sovereignty were subjects about which he could only speak guardedly. However, with his high-ranking contacts, we got excellent Russian vodka from the US embassy and cheap American cigarettes from the Russian embassy.

OMG. Are we related!!! I nearly fell off my chair dying of hysterics when I saw your comment.

No, seriously, I was the last person on earth to update from Win 7 to Win 10. I did it just a week before D Day…

3 Likes

@Fotomaker I was ready to dump my Win 7 laptop when Win 10 first came out so I updated to 10 and get another four years off my laptop. Its eight years old now so it time to retire it, but before I do I think I will do a clean install of Win 10 and see if I can speed it up.

I think you will love Win 10 and be happy with the upgrade.

1 Like