TIFF files returned to Lightroom from Photo AI v2.3.2 are damaged

When I right-click on a B&W photo (color photos process without an issue) and choose Edit in Topaz Photo AI using the “Edit a Copy with Lightroom adjustments”, the photo that is returned to Lightroom after editing is damaged and cannot be edited any longer in Lightroom.

Instead of right-clicking and choosing “Edit In Topaz Photo AI” if I choose File → Plug-in Extras → Process with Topaz Photo AI, the photo is processed as a RAW color file, and I cannot see the B&W adjustments in Photo AI. When it is sent back to Lightroom, it is not damaged, but since I could see the B&W changes in Photo AI, the result is not what I wanted.

What has changed and how do I fix this issue?

Topaz Photo AI [v1.x.x] on [Windows/Mac]

I have some more information on this issue. There is a known bug with greyscale/B&W where the output file is invalid. I made a task for my team to look into this and hopefully we can get a fix soon.

For now, a solution would be to convert the image to color, process it in Topaz Photo AI with color, then take the output file and convert it back to B&W.

Let me know if that workaround is functioning for you.

Processing color photos works just fine. It’s only when I send B&W tiffs to Photo AI that I get a corrupted file when it’s returned to Lightroom.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.