Thought I'd take an old image for a spin

with a little help from Adjust 5 (and a few other friends)

13 Likes

very effective … love it

1 Like

Very cool effect …

1 Like

It’s very. . . orange. :wink: Nice work Terry. Looks like it’s lit from within.

1 Like

Looks like it would have a velvety feel to it …nice work.

1 Like

Creative. It is an orange?

1 Like

I am intrigued by the color and texture treatment. Very nice. The texture makes me think of a peach.

2 Likes

Very nice texture work

1 Like

Fabulous - it looks like a cross between an orange or mandarin and a frangipani flower …

2 Likes

Pumpkin? Very nice edit and colour

1 Like

I thought ‘ship’s propeller’ but I guess it’s organic

1 Like

@ShazzyCo
@AiDon
@Kathy_9
@BobKramer
@Michigander
@techman
@el_fotografo_de_parq
@rasmus160
@Laundromat
@Mond

Some cracking ideas for the origin of the image. But nope. None of these.

This image was a 0.5x macro of a dahlia bloom. To achieve the sharp range of focus it was a 32 image stack. Illumination in addition to sunlight was provided by a handheld LED flash light behind the flower. Topaz Adjust added the je ne sais quoi. Then a polar image generator was applied in PS. And that’s the twirl.

My grandfather used to grow prize winning dahlias and I always wanted to grow some. My wife gave the molluscs excuse as the refusal. The expresso machine provided the mechanism for deterring the beasts. Slugs and snails hate coffee grounds. Forty years of excuses tumbled overnight and the bloom you see was from the second series of dahlia purchases.

I got the new camera because she thought my back would be happier with a lightweight model. Now suggestions for reasons for getting the Ferrari or Lamborghini gratefully accepted.

4 Likes

I am blown away and congratulate you once again for the result.

1 Like

This is very cool!

1 Like

Thanks @Michael_Andre - I think so too

I have heard that the seats of those cars are great for people with back pain… :wink:

1 Like

Thanks but my wife just laughed!

1 Like

But of course…LOL.

1 Like