Theia Fine Tune Details generates black video

Launch Video AI
Add specific video ( in attached zip )
Select Enhance
Select Theia / Fine Tune Details
Slider settings don’t seem to matter
Preview or Export
Black Video generated ( example in attached zip )

Doesn’t happen with all sources, not sure why it happens with some.

Video AI 3.2.4
Two Nvidia GTX 1660 SUPER GPUs
Logs attached.
logsForSupport.tar.gz (10 KB)
videos.zip (3.0 MB)

If I crop this source to something smaller, it works. If I then take the cropped output and scale it to 1280x720 and then use that as a source it fails again. NOTE: The source included isn’t the quality I’m usually attempting to improve but it fails the same way my other 1280x720 @29.97 videos fail and so I’m using this cat video for the bug.

I was not able to reproduce this issue on my end;

Unfortunately, I was unable to open the logs attached :frowning: Can you please try uploading the logs again? Also, is your driver fully up to date?

Here’s the system info from the Nvidia’s
NVIDIA System Information 05-06-2023 20-32-59.txt (4.6 KB)
“System Information”

I noticed that the log files created by the app and packaged as a .gz deoesn’t seem to actually have logs… other than the encoders.json file. I’ll try and get logs uploaded here shortly.

1 Like

Ok, here’s what I’ve learned. If I use CPU for processing, it works but obviously slowly. I changed to use only one GPU and it still failed. I then lowered the Max Memory Usage to 20% ( from the default 90% ) and it then worked. After a binary-ish search I determined that 66% works with 1 or 2 GPUs enabled and anything at or above 67% would fail with the black video. Maybe there’s a bug where it fails with “too” much memory avialble?
logsForSupport.tar.gz (40 KB)

Can you DM me your full Dxdiag? The information in the text file was not easy to navigate and left off some info I want to review. I have not had any other reports of this with 1660’s and this is quite perplexing!

Are you on the latest studio driver release?

Yes I:m on the latest release. I’ll have the diagnostic logs later tonight.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey there, is this still occurring? I do not believe that I received your dxdiag at this time.