The Road Well Traveled

Three image composition, colorized black and white photos and digitally painted.

29 Likes

This is quite amazing … truly a beautiful image

1 Like

Thank you Sharon …

Very nice work Bob . Really pops !

1 Like

Wonderful fall image, Bob

1 Like

Love it, but just a suggestion crit. Try muting the couples bright edge. It’s taking them out of the rest of the scene. Don’t even have to do that over all, perhaps mottled as if a break in the trees & some hazy sun is managing to poke through.

1 Like

Stunning work Bob! I disagree with Mark and love the way the eye is drawn to the the figures and pulls me into the scene.

1 Like

Stunning imagery. Tells a great story. Nice post production as well

1 Like

@ronlhodges, @Artisan-West, @Ma3rk, @lmgreene, @sjssjs, thank you all for your kind comments. Mark, I think I didn’t paint the people as much as the image was a black and white photo I had to colorize. I was afraid that it might look a little phony colorizing and painting them …but I see that they do look sharper than the rest of the image. Linda, I agree with you that the people should be the focal point of the image …

Thanks again to all …

1 Like

What can I say Bob! Incredible work as always. Love this!

1 Like

Thanks so much Peter …

I love this image Bob. Great job.

1 Like

Thank you Marty …

What more can you say about Bob’s work. He’s in a class of his own.

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate it …

Wonderful work, the coloring of the leaves is incredible!

1 Like

Thanks for looking Ken …

Superb. Nostalgic image.

1 Like

Wow, Bob. That is a lot of colorising! What I reckon that would really make it pop is if the woman’s dress was a bright blue. Or even a sky blue to accent the right hand side of the image where the sky just comes through. And put the headlights on for the car.
And perhaps a more denim blue in the child’s jeans to tie it in.

The umbrella is actually a distraction to me - I would like to see that more the color of the leaves of almost red on the upper left.

The way you have colored the moss in the trees is genius.

You have done a wonderful job as always. My suggestions are the way I see the story, and there is a story there. It all depends on how anyone interprets it.

1 Like

Wonderful image, Bob.

1 Like