The Lift

The Lift

5 Likes

I think the gondola in the center is just too small and while the selective color helps it stand out it also confuses the viewer about what the background is. I’m not sure what could improve it but probably a different point of view.

1 Like

Beautiful scenery!

@Artisan-West raises a very interesting question. The human eye does a great job focusing on a relatively small object in a real landscape, but it is hard to emphasize that in a landscape photo. I can see some of the cable which does help and maybe some more creative lighting to make the gondola stand out a little more…

1 Like

I’m not sure I agree with the gondola being to small. It shows the grand scale of the mountain ranges very well. I feel the problem here is that we are only viewing it as a small image overall. I can imagine this been printed super large, and the eye would have no confusion. Not sure about the selective colour though. Maybe toning the background saturation down a bit on the original, then playing with the lighting as mentioned would help to draw the eye to the main focal point.

Looks like an awesome place to be. Great capture!