The entire program is now dead thanks to your last update

Windows 10 user. Your latest update killed face detection. I’ve successfully turned it off and was able to process 8 photos afterwards. Then, suddenly, it wouldn’t process/save any others (loaded during the same session) and now, it runs AutoPilot but does NOTHING once that process finishes. Nothing is sharpened or denoised, the progress circle sits there dead in the water and does nothing, and the entire program is now ‘dead’ and won’t function.

What’s the fix for this?

1 Like

There are quite some people with this problem - so It will likely be fixed soon.
For the time being I’d suggest reverting to the previous 2.3.0:
https://community.topazlabs.com/t/topaz-photo-ai-v2-3-0/60709/166

Thank you

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Our developers are currently working on this issue, and will resolve it as quickly as possible.

You can choose one of these two workarounds to resolve this issue:

Let me know how that goes for you and we will make sure to reach back out to you to let you know when this is resolved.

1 Like

I just updated my software without being aware of this issue and it’s now no longer working either. You need to send some communication out to licensed users to not take the update until the bug is worked out or remove the update from loading.

Attempted to install 2.3.0 and it went thru the process but now the program isn’t even there, appears it removed the program but never re-installed it. Going to try rebooting and run the install again.

Jamie, I did the same. The latest update screwed up everything. I’ve downloaded the prior version, uninstalled and reinstalled and it’s all back to normal (with Updates Available showing, and which I’m not touching).

I re-ran the install selected repair and everything seems to be working as it did before the update.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.