Thank goodness for Topaz DeNoise

6400 ISO in Topaz DeNoise and a bit of work in LR

6 Likes

The smoother for sure. Couldn’t be without it. I have had friends give me images that were full of noise and whatever and wala - Denoise to the rescue. Great images.

thanks @Michigander I could not have worked without it on this project

It’s a wonderful set. Love the first one.

Great captures …really love that first one.

Love the first one and the third is pretty awesome too. Not sure about the blues and greens on the second one.

All I can say is Wow! I can imagine how noisy this must have been before. Fabulous catch.

@digital2006 @BobKramer @Kathy_9 thanks - the “interpreter” just walked into shot and I had literally the time it took to depress the shutter button ---- and he was gone. Lots of folk were trying to talk to him and to get him to pose but they had not realised that he was playing the character as described in his role specification - he was the ghost of one of the Cistercian brothers. The Abbey was open as a “special” for evenings at weekends for October only. Last year it was just one Friday!
@Kathy_9 the light in all of the images was as it was – a little white balance is all that was possible
@DCBoyce - it wasn’t as noisy as some cameras I’ve used but DeNoise is one hell of a product when you are in upper ISO land

1 Like