Terrible results using Fuji RAW Files (DNG or RAF) in Photo AI

Imported FUJI RAW file directly into Topaz Photo AI on MacStudio M2 with MacOS 14.1. Running Topaz Photo AI 2.3.1.

After initial autopilot pass, picture is almost totally blown out. Highlights are way to bright.
Exporting image from Lightroom as a DNG and then importing to Topaz brings same result.
Esporting image from Lightroom as a TIFF and then importing to Topaz brings much better result, but less saturation on the colours than in the original.

Thanks

Would you mind sending in some more information to get a better understanding of the problem you are having with this particular type of image? Please send the following information:

1. The original image file.
  2. The processed image.
  3. A screenshot or description of the settings panel so I can see what adjustments were turned on.

You can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Dropbox File Request

Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

Hello John

Thanks for following up on this problem. I have recreated the problem with the same picture and have sent, via your dropbox, the three items you requested. The image was processed using autopilot and I didn’t adjust any settings after it loaded. The colour of the bears fur changes dramatically and the highlights are way off on the samples I sent. I did some further experimentation. I have four images taken of the same scene and they all suffer from the processing issue. But other images taken the same day appeared to be handled well by Topaz Photo AI.

If you need any additional information please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Thanks

Tom

Thanks for sending in those files. I’ve been working through them and would like some more information about your workflow.

Can you confirm that which Lightroom plugin workflow you are using:

• The RAW plugin, accessed through File > Plug-in Extras > Process with Topaz Photo
  • The external editor plugin, accessed through Photo > Edit in > Topaz Photo AI

Good morning John

Rather than trust my memory I did some more experimentation. If I use the Photo>Edit In option from within Lightroom Classic 13.1 then the the processing seems to work perfectly.
The problem occurs if I use the File>Plug-in Extras option from within Lightroom Classic, or if I bring the photo directly into Topaz Photo AI bypassing LRC completely. Does that agree with your tests? I have been moving away from LRC and so my future workflow won’t have access to the plug-ins and I will be taking the image directly into Topaz Photo AI.
Thanks
Tom