Tarragona Night Life

We recently spent a month in Spain and I’m working my way though the pictures, using Studio 2. This night shot in Tarragona is typical of the scenes all over Spain as the locals enjoy each other’s company over dinner. I used the HDR look in Studio 2 and added the frame separately. I’d appreciate any advice on using Textures>Borders as I’m not finding it easy to replicate the border effects I can get with other programs.

18 Likes

Nice. Studio is quite weak on decent borders, you can make your own and import them into textures or use another editor.

1 Like

I rarely find a good use for border textures. I would go with a frame and mat. I think the picture could benefit from a bit a cropping and a little more enhancement. Its a good shot. Below is what I did to add more focus on the people. I used AI clear, DeHaze, Curves and Digital Frame.

5 Likes

Great night and street shot !

1 Like

Very nice capture and processing, David.

2 Likes

Yes indeed David, very nice processing

1 Like

Nice result

Perhaps left side cropping to consider just my oppinion
anyway like this Cool feeling

1 Like

Yes, a touch. Or perhaps clone out the arm of the figure over there… But I love the way there’s depth and dimension in the way this was processed. And, that the viewer’s attention is drawn to the people on the right at the cafe - even if we meander around the whole scene visually we can’t help but come back to the people. That’s terrific!

1 Like

Thanks for showing these modifications - always good to get new ideas.

D

Thanks for the encouraging comments!

D

My original crop included the two people on the left side but when I added the Digital frame the mat clipped them. They could be cloned out.

2 Likes

Would be good for keeping focus where desired… it tightens up the image.

1 Like

Very nice street scene, I think the HDR effect worked well

1 Like

Very nice shot! I do agree that the figures on the left are a bit of a distraction as is the"BA" in the upper right.
Still, the photo is casual yet nicely composed!

1 Like