Update to Topaz Studio Ver: 1.4.4
same behaviour, cant save project files
I have found what is causing that error.
Those project files are actually ZIP files with TSP extension.
When you save project file Studio first save that file to TEMPORARY folder with ZIP extension and
then moves that ZIP file to selected directory and change extension to TSP.
When I open file “topaz-test.jpg”, make adjustment and try to save project file this is what happen.
- Studio try to save ZIP file to TEMPORARY directory
- in my PC TEMPORARY directory is “c:\temp” (because that’s the way I like it)
- now error happens: Studio try to create file C:\temptopaz-test-Edit.zip
- it does not use TEMPORARY folder, it use TEMPORARY folders PARENT directory
- in my case that parent directory is C:\ where normal user can’t save files
My test case 1.
Run Studio with administrator access level
Now I can save project files because Studio can create file C:\temptopaz-test-Edit.zip
My test case 2.
Chance TEMPORARY folder to c:\temp\test\ and run Studio with normal user access level
Now I can save project files because Studio can create file C:\temp\topaz-test-Edit.zip
Topaz Labs can easily repeat the problem
- change you TEMP environment variable to point “C:\temp” or “C:\temp” (does not matter)