Studio and photoFXLab

I do not understand why photoFXLab can not call Studio as a plugin. I have tried, but I keep getting the error message:

Cannot Proceed
Background Layers cannot be used. Please create a duplicate layer.

This is in spite of the fact that there does exist a duplicate layer and neither layer is specified as a background layer. I know people will ask why I want to do something like that, but the reason is really very simple. Affinity Photo, my main photo editor, can not call Studio but can call photoFXLab. If I could get photoFXLab to call Studio I would have solved one of my main processing problems. Hence this question.

Mike,
I may be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere on the forum where Topaz was moving away from photoFXLab and that is why they are developing Studio? You may want to check with customer service about this?

I am sure that is correct. I am sure that the whole idea of Studio is to do away with the old apps and that probably includes photoFXLab. But since Studio uses the old plugins I thought that perhaps they had included some links so that Studio could run from photoFXLab.

Desperation on my part …

1 Like