Studio 2 Standalone RAW Images Desaturated

When I open my. Nef files “Nikon” image are all blurry.

If you read the thread it says that RAW images are NOT supported, the RAW processing is a work in progress.

well if you read their last advertisement for topaz Studio 2 “quote” improved raw handling capabilities, what’s up with that!

It probably is improved to what it was.

i believe LibRAW v0.17 is still being used.

Upload a copy to a file sharing site such as DropBox and I will have a look for you, but if you are talking about later versions z6/z7 they wont be supported.

LibRaw v0.17 was released I believe in August 2015 and there have been a number of releases since then.

I know it wouldn’t be a two minute exercise to update Studio 2 to a more current LibRaw version, but without support for some 4 years worth of new camera models Studio 2 can hardly be taken seriously for processing RAW images.

It isn’t ever a 2 minute exercise and it is something that is in progress and I am no longer sure about the version being used because 0.19 doesn’t support the Sony A73 which was released in Feb 2018 but here is a demosaiced image in Studio v2.3.1:

I can only assume it has been updated to the LibRaw 201910 snapshot so it is then the latest possible but still doesn’t support CR3 or any of the later Nikons.

I also should add that improved support may be just around the corner because Fast RAW Viewer supports CR3 and the later Nikon.

Does anyone know if Topaz PLANS to make Studio 2 do proper RAW conversion? I keep reading about people using 2 or 3 programs in their workflow. This may be fine for you pros, but the rest of us have other lives. I will only but into TOPAZ if I can eventually do my whole workflow here.