Studio 2 is slow

Hi I’m new here. studio 2 seems very slow & I have to wait to see the effect of adjustments. Any way to speed it up on Win 10? Other editing apps are fast enough. thanks.

1 Like

Go to Help, Graphics info and press Copy then paste the info here.

I have similar problem on Mac mini M1.
Maybe a native version will help. For example the native DeNoiser is faster than before.

Application & Version: Topaz Studio 2 Version 2.3.2

Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2009

Graphics Hardware: AMD Radeon™ Vega 8 Graphics

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.13497 Core Profile Forward-Compatible Context 23.20.815.5376

CPU RAM: 16020 MB

Video RAM: 256 MB

Preview Limit: 6732 Pixels

You’re lacking in the GPU dept (video card). You only have 256 MB of shared VRAM and the minimum to run Studio 2 is 2GB of dedicated VRAM - preferably 4 GB+

Thanks Paul…any way to increase it?

Only by adding a graphics card - and they’re ridiculously expensive at the moment.

2 Likes

I am having a similar problem where several functions of TS2 have become very slow indeed. Looks take ages to process and this is on a Windows PC with a suitable graphics card. Furthermore, TS2 takes ages to load from within Lightroom Classic and PSCC. It takes around 87 seconds to launch TS2 from both these applications but takes about 37 seconds to launch directly. I have re-installed TS2 several times to no avail. When I originally purchased TS2, I don’t recall having these launch times.

Please make sure that you go to Help, Graphics info and press Copy then paste that here.

Application & Version: Topaz Studio 2 Version 2.3.2
Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2009
Graphics Hardware: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 511.79
CPU RAM: 32697 MB
Video RAM: 4096 MB
Preview Limit: 4431 Pixels

I think I may have solved the problem by uninstalling the application, and then hunting out every reference to Studio 2 and deleting. I then re-installed the application which has improved things dramatically regarding launch times. Why does the operating system show Windows 10 Version 2009 when I have Windows 11 installed?

Because it is the 10 core, but strange you don’t show 2H2 which is the latest.