Studio 2 and smart object

I use smart objects as part of my workflow. What I have found is that when I add an adjustment layer above, it goes back into Studio 2 as expected. However it does not hold on to the adjustments I had made the first time through. Am I missing a step or is this something that needs a feature request?

Thanks in advance!

Switched to Product Feature Request section.

I also use Topaz Studio 2 as a smart filter from Photoshop. It would be really nice if Studio 2 saved its state, so that the next time I open it from the same Photoshop document, all the settings are unchanged, even if I quit Photoshop and then re-open the Photoshop document.

For example, I run Topaz Studio 2 as a smart filter, add AI Clear, set opacity to 0.50, and click Accept. Back in Photoshop I double-click the Topaz Studio 2 smart filter. When Studio 2 opens, I want to see AI Clear open with opacity still set to to 0.50, but it actually looks like Studio 2 is being opened for the first time.

I know it is possible for Photoshop plugins to save their states because Skylum Luminar and Nik Silver Efex Pro 2 do so when used as Photoshop smart filters.